HARS Museum updates and sometimes requests (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Since these models will be in flight in the landing config. I need a couple of 48th pilots fo the F-111.
Anyone recognize these Hasegawa pilots?

ok Bill, i checked online and the Phantom kit i have in storage has those two pilots in it so as i said in the other thread i'll go see if i can get them for you on sunday and if so they are yours my friend.

Well I've been officially accepted into the volunteer workforce at HARS yesterday, the Historical Aviation Restoration Society Inc.

The link...... Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Inc

I've gone to work on the display already. 5 hours of trying to make the models on display a bit visible, more of reducing the clutter than anything. 3 cases to work with, one hardly had anything in it, and it's lighted.

The first of the cases had things just shoved in. Can't blame anyone for it if they are not modelers. So I merely thinned things out a bit by moving some to the upright lighted case, and Parking the others so they could be seen. I think it was an improvement and some of the staff were actually looking at the displays when I had finished commenting they didn't even know some of the planes that were in them.

The second was the most cluttered. The big plastic one. Looks like it had been a display case for a ship at one time. I hope to have another shelf to put above the base inside to utilize the upper portion. All the planes in it are in rather good shape, so it was just a matter of arrangement. Everything from WWI to modern jets at 1/72nd scale. I moved some dodgey looking choppers into the upright case to make a bit of room and it all turned out okay.

The upright case I moved some rather nice planes from a fourth display case, which now can be used for some other museum goods.

Structurally the museum is not really Finished. Still some carpentry to be done and some of the staff seem to think the main display area is part of the workshop!

good job.

As a bit of a lark I put this list in the Stash thread. And I have one on the way from Geo, good on ya mate.
Maybe someone will be interested in lightening their stash some. This is a list of the kits I need to complete the display of aircraft in the museum collection. Only if you have a hankerin to lighten your load.

Caribou DHC-4..........Hobbycraft.......1/72
Cobra AH-1S helo......Fujimi...............1/48
Hunter FGA-9.............Academy.........1/48
Neptune P2V-7..........Hasegawa.......1/72
CAC Sabre.................(?) 1/48
Tiger Moth D.H.82......(future release ?) 1/48
Winjeel......................(future release ?) 1/48

Thanks to;
Geo
***Harvard.....................Revell...1/48
HARS Member
***Canberra B2..............Airfix.....1/48
HARS Member
***Connie.......................Heller...1/72
Myself
***F-111..........................1/48
HARS member
***DC-4..........................an old VAC kit 1/72
Myself again
Bf-108B..............................Eduard............1/48

Last edited:
Of particular interest is his comment that they received no special training to switch from the P-38 to the Spitfire.

One less engine to worry about, just a bit more rudder for the torque on takeoff that is absent in a 38. But you do have to zig zag to see over the nose.

** If I remember hearing that the 02 is one of the few multi engined aircraft you only need a single engine ticket to fly..... cuz it can be flown on one only.

Last edited:
Very generous Geo.....
I mentioned to the Pres last Saturday that someone from the forum has donated a T-6 for the museum. Asked I pass on a thank you.

Bill, I have nothing to fit your needs. The Tigermoth will be a challenge as there are only two manufacturers I'm aware of that did one in 1/48 and both have issues. This is a very under-represented aircraft in 1/48 and it would be great if someone like Roden or Wingnut Wings did a new tool. Kinda on the hunt for one myself.

Intersting, had no idea anyone was even Planning a Winjeel....... had never heard of one till I got to the museum.

Andy, is okay, thanks for the hunt and info.

Bill, there's a kit of the Tiger Moth, in 1/48th scale, shown as a Future Release, from either Special Hobby or Hobby Boss, I think the former, but would need to check. Not sure when it's due out, but I'd guess sometime in the New Year, as future releases aren't normally announced too far in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back