Has 1/48 Hs129B-3 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking real nice! Seriously, I thought I'd seen all the WW2 birds? How did I miss this one? What a monster!!!

Thanks guys. I'll be working on getting this one and the Avenger done before moving on to anything else. Famous last words I know. :rolleyes:

So not much of an update but I did get the splinter camo on it. It's not much at this point but I'll freehand the winter camo scheme and then weather it after. Thanks for looking.

Can someone help me with this winter camo?

I've seen other models with this same scheme and the edges look kind of soft. But judging by the pic below, profiles and the instructions they seem to be rather sharp.

It looks different than most winter camo I've seen. Is this the same stuff that would wear off quickly when it got wet or was it painted differently? Was it painted on with a brush? Would I be better off cutting in the shapes with a chisel brush then going back with and airbrush and filling the areas in? Or should I just airbrush the shapes in and leave a soft edge?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

The finish would have been field applied washable paint, most likely applied with a wide brush so the sharp edge would be appropriate. The best result would be to mask the base camo and airbrush the white in my opinion but that is definitley a lot of masking.

If its only a white wash which were never a perfectly applied cote I can't see why you couldn't apply it wish a brush and achieve a much more realistic affect. Now saying that I've never done a white wash but I've read a lot about the process.

No quesiton brushing would work with a good quality paint, but white is usually pretty hard to paint with a brush. That's why I believe the best option is to air brush but it's not the only option.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did a test with the brush and the amount of coats required to get good coverage would take longer than masking it. I've been masking it on and off today taking breaks to keep from going mad. I'll be back in about a month.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back