Has 1/48 Hs129B-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So I got some paint on it. I still have to paint the yellow nose and wingtips. Then it's weathering and decals.

Masked

Paint

Thanks guys. I'm going over it with some fine sandpaper right now to break it up a little and allow the lower colors to show through a little. I'll then be adding some filters and washes so it won't be so stark. I'm hoping to finish it up sometime next week and get back to the Avenger.

So I'm calling this one done. I'm not totally pleased with the outcome but it's the first time I've tried winter camo and I learned a few things. I should have dry fitted the exposed engine a little more. The part under the exhaust coming off the back should have been sanded down a little more. As it is, it tilts up a little and if it continues to bug me I'll remove the engine and fix it. Ok then, on to the pics.

I've a question.I'm also building an HS129, a B2 model with Hungarian markings planned. Not knowing any better(I got back into plastic modelling at the insistence of my wife), stumbled upon a Vector dealer and ordered a couple Gnome Rhones for it. They have been somewhat interesting to build, although they could have included assembly instructions. What is so bad about Vector?

Also, I've a DO217 in 1/48 in the planning stages, as well, and am having tro uble finding engines for that one. Any pointers in that direction would be welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back