Hasegawa 1/32 P47D Republic Thunderbolt

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, aviatik( sorry don't know your real name) you are the master scratch builder!

I'm still working on the decals it's a slow process I always forget how long it takes. Will add some more today. I have found so far that these Hasegawa decals are rather thick and also take a long time before they will slide off the decal sheet once wet. They have required a several applications of decal soft before they bed down but I'm getting there.

Hi All
Progress has been going on in the back ground over the last few days, unfortunately no photos to show my progress. So here's where I'm up to. Decals are all down, as I said before needing quite a lot of Decalsoft. The real tricky ones were around the intercooler vents which is where the Stars and Bars are situated. All the decals have been sealed and a wash has been applied to enhance the panel lines. Wing tip navigation lights are fitted with Clearfix. Blast tubes(which required drilling the barrels out) and pitot tube have also been fitted. All that remains is the gunsight and aerial wire. I have added my own fuselage ceramic insulator point as it is just a flat circle. Photos will follow of the finished Jug and I will post them in the Your Completed Kits Section. Thanks to everyone( too many names to mention) who have followed this Thread and given me help, encouragement and info along the way.

Last edited:
You didn't need to do that for a non GB Vaughan. Group Builds are the only ones that need separate finished threads.

Thanks for letting me know I'm relatively new to the site and this is the first start to finish build I've done. Anyway at least there's a link to the final pictures.

Martin, were you by any chance once in the Dutch Marines, and live in Amsterdam?
I realise your name is not uncommon in the Netherlands, but it's very coincidental that I met a chap of the same name, in Amsterdam, back in 2001, who had the same interests in aviation and modelling!

No , that is not me...I have been in the dutch army ( drafted officer )....but this was really many moons ago ... the 70's.... a lieutenant with long hair..!!( little flower..much power..) I am a kind of a young older guy trying to stay in my thirties by hitting the gym... ;) I do live in the suburb of Amsterdam , actually next to Schiphol ( Hollands main Airport )

Thanks Martin, no problem. I was a '70's soldier too, but without the long hair!
I remember one of our guys, when we were about to emplane at Volkel, getting ready to 'chat up' a Royal Netherlands Air Force girl - until he realised it was a man!

Vaughan, what can one say about this build. You're doing magic things with it.

Gotta ask tho. In seeing this go together makes me want one. I have found a Davidson who flew Juggs with 34th Fighter Squadron. I'm trying to find a definative scheme for that sqn. Don't think I will ever find a picture of Davidsons plane, but would like a basis for it. In your research, have you anything on this sqn?

Bill unfortunately I don't have any info on that squadron I had a quick look on the net but came up with nothing. It seems to be quite elusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back