Hasegawa 1/48 P-400 Airacobra

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Wojtek. I think if I take my time, I might be able to pull it off. In the mean time, starting to close up the fuselage.

1.jpg

Geo

So anyhoo, here's where I am so far. The kit decals were applied of the raised instrument panel details and settled down very well even though Hasegawa recommends filing off the detail. I added the coloring to the panels.
Geo

Comrade, all great, but the interior color is not very similar to the interior green ... It's so conceived?

Comrade, all great, but the interior color is not very similar to the interior green ... It's so conceived?

Thanks Guys. Hartmann, the Airacobra used a different interior green sometimes(or all the time) called "Bell Green". I've seen articles saying it's Medium green. I used Humbrol 75 Bronze Green which I think is close.

p-400.JPG

Wings are attached and drying, a little filler will be needed at the front.

Geo

Thanks Dave. Found this photo on the web, the aircraft doesn't appear to have the darker edging. AH576 belly landed Aug 29, 1941, written off Oct 5, 1941. Curious as to what the arrow is pointing at.
ah576.jpg

Off to find the aircraft letter or if it even carried one.

Geo

EDIT: I'm beginning to think there was no aircraft letter(yet?) on this bird as I believe it would be visible above the wing guns, unless it was an "I".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back