HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
I'm working on a Tamiya 1:48 scale Spitfire and I just learned that hard way that the canopies are extremely fragile, (more fragile then most) Well I broke the front piece of the canopy. A pic of the kit is below.

MK1.jpg

Does anyone have spare canopy parts that will fit? I have parts from a Revell MK-2, but of course they do not even come close to fitting. I'll pay for them. I am screwed.

It comes with two front pieces. I'll buy the one you don't use.

Last edited:
Good luck. if it doesn't work, I've got a couple Mk.Vs and I'll scrounge around my spares as I have built a Mk.I, just got to remember which box it's in.

Geo

If you don't get one from Tamiya, let me know exactly which part you mean, and the part number as shown on the instruction sheet. If it's the windscreen, then the Mk1 used the screen with external armour, and the MkV used both this, or the internal armour on later versions. I might have an external armour from a different kit, but not sure without checking.
However, Tamiya should send a replacement without problems.

Just had a quick look. I thought I had one from an Airfix kit, but no luck, sorry. If no one else can help, then Tamiya will send a replacement, although it might take a week or two.

Looking good, nice work so far.
BTW, those control surfaces are known as elevators - flaps are under the wing, used to create lift or drag- one to aid take off, the other to slow down for landing. Elevators control climb and descent.

Thanks Airframes. I have a confession.

I do not know all there is no know about aircraft, so please forgive me and thank you for telling me. I sometimes am afraid to ask you guys questions because I will look like a idiot...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back