HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never stops me!
I decided years ago to embrace my alter-ego.
When in doubt, just call them "thingies".
Paint is looking good!

[SC] Arachnicus;999116 said:
I sometimes am afraid to ask you guys questions because I will look like a idiot...lol.

Who asks doesn't err as Poles say.. in English it is - Take counsel that you may avoid mistakes.

Just feel free to ask...

Yep, never be afraid to ask. Better to learn, than be silent and lack knowledge. As a youngster (a long time ago!), building models helped me to learn about aircraft and how they worked, and asking questions added to this.

I remember when they used to identify the parts of the airplane by name instead of just a number on the instruction sheet.
Aurora and Lindberg, I believe. Maybe even early Monogram.

I remember when they used to identify the parts of the airplane by name instead of just a number on the instruction sheet.
Aurora and Lindberg, I believe. Maybe even early Monogram.

I remember one time on a Spitfire, Part #6 kept interfering with Part#17. Once I ground it down and painted it with Military Cockpit Color, you couldn't tell.

Geo

And then it's "why didn't I ask that question........ long ago"? Always remember, there is always someone else who wants to know.
Yous is doin a fine job matey!

I remember those days of instruction sheets being educational. Airfix instruction sheets used to include full assembly directions, naming the parts, and read something like " Locate port aileron (Part 16) onto hinges (Parts 19 and 20) on port wing , alongside fuel vent (Part 7). Fit port wing upper half (Part 23) and cement. Wrap elastic bands around assembly and leave to set for three hours."
Every part in every kit was identified, so you knew what an elevator was, or a throttle quadrant or carburetor intake etc. Pity it's not done now really.

Heck, and I always thought it was a sticky out, pointy down, bent tube thingymajig !
That's what my flying instructor told me to check on the pre-flight walk around, anyway!

There's a guy I know who still insists on calling it a pilot tube - I keep thinking he means that rubber one, under the pilot's seat! (I presume he's mis-read the name at sometime, and it's stuck ... the name that is, not the ...)

I think he must have made the Airfix Mustang too Terry... remembered since it was misprinted as 'Pilot tube', only later found out it should be 'pitot'!

A good example of the importance of correct use of a language and spelling. With the current habit of using 'text speak', relying on 'Spell Check', and out right laziness, there'll be a heck of a lot more confusion over meanings in the future! Even the BBC's written News reports on the Internet are now often appalling, with bad grammar, missing or repeated words, and the use of irritating abbreviations such as 'aps', instead of 'applications' - bl**dy annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back