Here is My FW190-D9" Dora" Baby!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She's a beaut, I feel like jumping in and taking her for a spin...

Last year I bought a Testors P-38 for my boy, and uhhh, we did not do so well... It sat around half-done in my fishing tackle shop for several months before I sadly discarded it. Don't understand why doing things like reel repair is so natural for me but when I try to put a model together I struggle. I respect those who can put one together so nicely.

I have that problem with plastic/scale models. I can whup up on a
balsa/tissue rubber powered flying model, but cannot do a scale model.
I guess I don't have the patients, and always use too much glue.

However, as I have continually bitched about, the balsa kits do not do
justice to details, and I think details are important. The FW-190 I am
almost finished came with a two bladed prop. I had to cut two props
and make a three bladed one.

Some of the scale models I have seen on this forum are truly beautiful !

Charles

I agree with Ccheese.Patience,patience and again patience.But not only.Sometimes we cannot make a plastic kit because it is not our model.I've built many models so far but these civilian I did, made me angry and weren't enjoable.Sometimes we cannot manage with some problems because of our knowledge which is not enough to make a model.I don't mean we are not able to put these pieces together ,this is quite easy, but many people don't know anything about aircraft construction in reality.Simply they know nothing or too less on it.I remember my first paper model of Il-2m3 Sturmovik.I was so proud of it but my uncle .......never mind.Now I know why the upper surface of its wings didn't fit to the lower. :lol:
I think it is better to build an easy model as the first one and then try to make something much more complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back