Here is My FW190-D9" Dora" Baby! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

here is another one of mine .Its a FolkeWulf 190-D9 "Dora". It also is from the older Trimaster kits from Late 80's.Polly "s" acrylics were used just like the 190A8. Hope you like.More of my collection will follow!

Attachments

• FW190D-9  1.jpg
    FW190D-9 1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 232
  • FW190D-9  2.jpg
    FW190D-9 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 223
  • FW190D-9  3.jpg
    FW190D-9 3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 224
  • FW190D-9  8.jpg
    FW190D-9 8.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Fw190D-9 4.jpg
    Fw190D-9 4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 214
Well I aslo use the Model Master enamal paints from Testors!It just was at that time I had a system that worked with the Polly S brand of Paints.They are no longer available here were I live so I adapted to the Model Masters which also work great and the FS colors are I feel right Spot on as were Polly S.I also use a pashe and badger airbrush.

wonderful rendition T.B. ! have you purchased a copy of volume 1 Dora book yet from Eagle editions ? quite a few JG 6 birds within none with the questionable red/white/red fuelage band, though pic evidence from 2 opther sources have told me that the A-8's of the unit did carry them

That is a fine looking model. I am amazed at the detail they can put into
a scale plastic model, but can't put that kind of detain in a balsa/tissue
model. They can't even make a round fuselage !

Charles

Sorry Erich It has been so long since i Built the Models i dont recall the refrence matereial i used, also those are the kits decals so i relied on the Manufacturer to get it right!8)

Cheese the only Basla and tissue models that i think are worth building is the WWI warbirds! all metal Planes Just dont cut it at Balsa and tissue.

Cheese the only Basla and tissue models that i think are worth building is the WWI warbirds! all metal Planes Just dont cut it at Balsa and tissue.

Tell me about it. I have an FW-190A4 95% complete and a bf109D1 about
80% complete. I'm trying to "model" both of them after WW-II LW aces,
and I just can't get close to the details. I have two threads started, "My
FW-190" and "My BF-109". Take a peek and you'll see what I'm up against.

Charles

Nice work ThunderThud, I did this one along time ago and went with the bands too, looked good, but it's highly likely that no D-9 actually carried them, only some A-8/A-9's.. but the stripes still look cool!

TT the RV bands.... no photo currently available, and there are now quite a few, show any JG 6 Dora 9 carrying the prescribed Red/White/Red bands.JG54 also did not have their Blue bands added. JG 2 , JG 26 and JG301 all primary users of the D-9 had the RV bands on most if not all their Doras. The Ta152's of JG301 DID carry the Yellow/Red RV bands.

She's a beaut, I feel like jumping in and taking her for a spin...

Last year I bought a Testors P-38 for my boy, and uhhh, we did not do so well... It sat around half-done in my fishing tackle shop for several months before I sadly discarded it. Don't understand why doing things like reel repair is so natural for me but when I try to put a model together I struggle. I respect those who can put one together so nicely.

Nicely done FW, depresses me when i think of my old hand painted ones I used to do when I was a kid...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back