Hey "Adler" My 190 Cockpit detail

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
'Adler' sorry for the delay in responding to your enquiry about my 190 cockpit, almost missed your message!
All the main dials have been cut out one by one carefully from the decal sheet and applied over the raised detail of their respective dials. You make sure you do alternate dials and not two side by side, you dont want to mess one up as you work. You need to locate them exactly and press them into the raised detail, once you are happy hit it with decal softener to settle them in and leave them for a while then come back and do a couple more. I did this over about a 4 hour period working on other things as I went along. The result i think was worth it.
Now you know what REALLY sucks!!?? when you wrap a fuselage around the cockpit you can't see ALL that lovely detail so clearly....

Regards Wayne

Attachments

• Fw190A-5 Cockpit_a.JPG
    Fw190A-5 Cockpit_a.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 375
  • IMGP4759.JPG
    IMGP4759.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 369
An excellent work Wayne.Unfortunately, in 1:72 scale it would be a problem to make a cockpit details in the way,though possible.

Hey Guys, thanks for you comments, much appreciated!
I agree Wurger once you are down in 1/72 scale territory it gets a bit more difficult to do the decal detail!
The setbelts come from the Eduard Colour Etch Set 32-077 very nice to work with and provide excellent results... not difficult to do 'twoeagles'.

The one attachment point I left 'standing' on top of the seat was to allow for one belt to hang out of the cockpit...see below.

Regards Wayne

Attachments

• Fw190 Harness Detail.JPG
    Fw190 Harness Detail.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Cockpit Strap.JPG
    Cockpit Strap.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 349
And here are some finished shots!

The wheels are not the correct one for this sub type but will be changed once my resin replacements arrive.
Wayne

Attachments

• IMGP5271wa.JPG
    IMGP5271wa.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMGP5273wa.JPG
    IMGP5273wa.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 341
wow this is a gorgeous model; I love the Fw190.

By the way thinking about another thread about using aluminum sheet, this can also be used to hand-make seat belts. They can be cut with scissors if the aluminum sheet is thin enough, and easily folded to simulate belts. A matt paint will then give it a fabric look.

Hello Guys thanks once again for your comments. I will take a shot of a real early model I built a long time ago it is still on the shelf as a sort of reality check reminder that I once had 'not much' in the way of skills and over time the skills evolved.

Hey Tango I'm not going to do any more in the weathering department as this aircraft was a relatively new production aircraft.
The aircraft is a Fw190A-5, Werk Nummer/ Serial No. 0157334 built by Feiseler at Kassel it was part of production block 0157201 - 0157375 (175 aircraft) somewhere between Feb and June 1943. Most likely it was built during the later time of May/June. It was issued to JG2 probably sometime in mid to late June.The Pilot was photographed with the aircraft in early July 43 with 75 victories and then photographed with the 76th being applied shown below.The aircraft was written off on the 29th July 43 when hit by another Fw190, so its service life was rather short.
Here are two additional shots of the tail.

Regards Wayne

Photo credit - Model Art , No557 Aces of the Luftwaffe in WWII.

Attachments

• Wurmheller Fw190A5 Yellow 2_76_7334a.JPG
    Wurmheller Fw190A5 Yellow 2_76_7334a.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMGP5277wa.JPG
    IMGP5277wa.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMGP5281wa.JPG
    IMGP5281wa.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 202
wow this is a gorgeous model; I love the Fw190.

By the way thinking about another thread about using aluminum sheet, this can also be used to hand-make seat belts. They can be cut with scissors if the aluminum sheet is thin enough, and easily folded to simulate belts. A matt paint will then give it a fabric look.

A good source I've found for said sheet alum, are those small votive candles, used for jack-o-lanterns et-al.
Oh and Wane, briliant work on the wulfe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back