Hi from Denmark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A crime museum?
Hmmmmm ..... that sounds different.

It is.
It's both a police museum and a crime museum, exhibiting both the history of the danish police from the 1600's up until now, plus various items (knives, guns, hacksaws, drills etc.) used by all kinds of criminals from all over the country, ranging from smuggling via violence, theft, robbery, murder - to prostitution.
Tough stuff, yes, but that is part of crime and crime history - and it's also a part of danish history that's worth preserving.
*points at self*: History geek. :lol:

I've got to say that I'm impressed by the welcome from you guys - thank you very much all of you. *blush* :)
Now all I've got to figure out, is how to reply to posts in one post, so that I don't get all these posts made in a row...heh.

Hi again Maria! You're up late, or early, at 5 in the morning! (Oh! So am I !!)
I found learning a little Danish relatively easy, probably as I'm a 'Geordie' by birth, and we speak more or less the same language! One of these days, I'll get back to Denmark, see if I can get to see some old friends. I think it's a great country, and was always made very welcome, especially 'up north', in Hjoren, Aalborg and the Hirtsalls area. I had the honour of having one of my paintings on display in Fredirksborg Castle, for the 50th anniversary of the 'Shell House' raid - something to tell my kids about, I suppose!

Hi again Maria! You're up late, or early, at 5 in the morning! (Oh! So am I !!)
I found learning a little Danish relatively easy, probably as I'm a 'Geordie' by birth, and we speak more or less the same language! One of these days, I'll get back to Denmark, see if I can get to see some old friends. I think it's a great country, and was always made very welcome, especially 'up north', in Hjoren, Aalborg and the Hirtsalls area. I had the honour of having one of my paintings on display in Fredirksborg Castle, for the 50th anniversary of the 'Shell House' raid - something to tell my kids about, I suppose!

lol hi again, Air.
Late...I was up late, dunno about you, though. ;)
Is there any chance of finding any of your paintings online? I'm curious. :)
I like to draw and paint myself, and I like to see if I can learn anything from others - there's always room for improvement, that's my policy.
It sounds cool, having your paiting on display at Frederiksborg Slot - was it part of an exhibit or what? *curious*

Cheers,

Maria.

Welcome to the forum, young lady. Enjoy the place...... most of us do !

Charles

Hi Charles, and thanks for the welcome.
I already do enjoy the forum here, I'm looking forward to exploring the place more thoroughly.
I got a Spitfire question, so I'll go see if I can find a relevant thread. ;)

Hi Maria. The painting at Fredericksborg was the one I did of the RAF raid on Shell House, which had been made into Limited Edition prints, signed by the surviving aircrew, Ole Lipman (S.O.E.) and members of the Danish Resistance who had been in the Gestapo cells in Shell House at the time of the raid. The Museum/Gallery wanted to display it for the year (1995) as part of an exhibition featuring the liberation of Denmark in 1945. The painting is now with Derek Carter, my English friend who lives near Copenhagen, and who was instrumental in organising the 50th Anniversary Commemoration events, on 21st March '95, and the unveiling and dedication of the Memorial to the lost aircrew (a Mosquito propellor blade) now above the (shop) entrance to Shell House. I managed to obtain the blade, which was later cast in bronze, via the BBMF, and it was flown out, I believe to Vaerlose, in a RDanAF Hercules!
Somewhere on the forum here there are a couple of examples of my paintings, I think posted late last year, maybe October, and I think they're in Aviation somwhere!
If you can't find them, PM me and I'll e-mail some examples.
Thanks for the interest!
Cheers,
Terry.

Last edited:
Maria, if you click the EDIT button at the bottom of your post, you can add to it instead of all the singualr posts.

And please don't encourage Lucky, he is our resident mushroom project. We like to keep him wet and in the dark. :)

Maria, if you click the EDIT button at the bottom of your post, you can add to it instead of all the singualr posts.

And please don't encourage Lucky, he is our resident mushroom project. We like to keep him wet and in the dark. :)

Roger on the posts. ;)
@Lucky: I prefer my mushrooms fried and on toast. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back