Hi from Denmark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why don't you invite BB over to Glasgow Jan? Take her out to dinner, soft lights, cocktails, sophisticated conversation and then back to your penthouse apartment. You could show her your joystick.

Wha???? She's a wo- She's a wo- She's a wo----man?

<spraying on dad's right guard and combing fingers through hair>

So, BikerBabe! Uh, Um, what's your sign?

My sign?
This one:

Stop.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it's an old reply...but then again, so was the pick-up line... ;)

Why don't you invite BB over to Glasgow Jan? Take her out to dinner, soft lights, cocktails, sophisticated conversation and then back to your penthouse apartment. You could show her your joystick.

Now that's all very cute, but I'd prefer an afternoon at the garage, maybe washing and cleaning the motorcycle, maybe go for a ride, pick up some pizza or chinese/vietnamese somewhere, and finish off with coffee at the harbour with other bikers. ;)
Or maybe spend the day at a WW2 history museum...gotta keep my rep as a history geek updated, y'know! ;)

Now, now, lets not scare her off.

Heh, nice try, Njaco - thanks for the attempt. ;)
It will take more that just a little fun in here to scare me away. :)

Last edited:
It's a match made in heaven: he likes spending time in garages with hot rod cars and she likes to do the same with motorcycles. It's destiny I tell you! It's written in the stars!

Unlike my relationships which were written on the bathroom wall. *sniff*

Well....the sophisticated conversation would be about pirates, WHO deosn't love them, or ancient Greece or something slightly more modern.... Always felt at home around old Harley's, Indian's, BSA's, Triumph's, hot rods, kustoms.....
Could go for a 16 inch pizza now, with ham, onion and peperoni....

Glad that the gang hasn't scared you off yet (they've tried their best with me). They're really rather nice when you get to know them....I think.

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

It's a match made in heaven: he likes spending time in garages with hot rod cars and she likes to do the same with motorcycles. It's destiny I tell you! It's written in the stars!

Unlike my relationships which were written on the bathroom wall. *sniff*

Cars? CARS??? Yikes! :shock:
Cars has got too many wheels...I get stressed out by all those wheels! :lol:
Dunno what all those cars are doing on MY road, I tell you! ;)

And Max?
Ever tried online dating? ;) *pats Maxi gently on the back*

Well....the sophisticated conversation would be about pirates, WHO deosn't love them, or ancient Greece or something slightly more modern.... Always felt at home around old Harley's, Indian's, BSA's, Triumph's....
Could go for a 16 inch pizza now, with ham, onion and peperoni....

Glad that the gang hasn't scared you off yet. They're really rather nice when you get to know them....I think.

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Well I wouldn't mind learning more about the ancient greek military strategies, Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar and so on, as I don't know mush about these subjects and their ways of running military campaigns and ditto battles. It could be quite interesting to learn more.

The bikes you mention?
Mmmm, an old "Bonnie", a BSA, NSU, Zündapp, Peugeot or Nimbus - I like vintage motorcycles. They've got a charm (- and the possibility to work on them more or less constantly :lol: ) and a history that I like. :)
And for those of you who might be interested in motorcycle travels, here's a bunch of zany norwegian guys, who's currently going around the world on 70 year old motorcycles:
http://www.kccd.no/home_en.html

Last edited:
So what do you ride BB? These are my two toys...........

Attachments

• IMG00014.jpg
    IMG00014.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG00015.jpg
    IMG00015.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 63
So what do you ride BB? These are my two toys...........

Currently nothing, as I'm unemployed at the moment due to physical limitations. (Arthritis and hypermobility).
I really like your Ninja a lot - nice reliable bike, and not much need for polishing all the time, plus enough engine power to be fun. :)
The other bike's cool too - is it an Intruder? - it sure seems like it's made for a pleasant cruise on a sunny day. Nice. :)
How big's the engine? *looks curiously@Thor*

Once I get back to working again, the first thing I'm gonna save up to is a wee bike, plus the taxes and the insurance.
Got the suit, helmet, boots and gloves. :)
My dream bike's a small beemer, but hell...almost anything above 500 ccm sounds cool with me, as long as it doesn't need too much engine work, and it's street legal. :) Except those horrible nightmare chinese bikes - Yeng Yeng, or whatever they're called. O the horror! Yikes! :lol:

Until then, I'm riding with a buddy on his BMW R1200RT - it's better than nothing, and he's good fun company.
Sometimes I ride along with some of my other old biker buddies - all beemer-owners - and it's fun to try out the various bikes - man, there's some major differences in the various models! :lol:
The good thing is that I can relax and enjoy the ride, and sometimes bring my camera along, shooting while riding.
That gives some very nice picture results now and then. ;)
The con is...well, I don't get to do it all by myself. :p :lol:

Recently I had the chance to try out a BMW F800 GS - and I promptly fell in love with that little bike, even though it's got a chain drive or whatever it's called in english. I would much prefer the shaft drive, but hey - I can't even afford such a bike these days, so why be picky when all you can do is dream? :lol:
Anyway, it was fun to try it off road, and I enjoyed the experience thoroughly, returning with a smile going from ear to ear. :)

Thanks for the pictures of your bikes, I hope you get some really nice bike trips this season. ;)

:lol:

Style of motorcycles that I like...

Then you BSA Rocket Gold Star, (650, twin) BSA Gold Star (500, single), AJS 7R 500 and Manx Norton 500 when you want to go faster..:lol:

SOUND!8):lol:

Attachments

• 0529.jpg
    0529.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 0530.jpg
    0530.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Indian 1947 Chief.bmp
    312.9 KB · Views: 49
  • bsa%20rocket%20goldstar.jpg
    bsa%20rocket%20goldstar.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 67
  • bsa%20goldstar%20clubman.jpg
    bsa%20goldstar%20clubman.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 52
  • norton_1962_manx_500.jpg
    norton_1962_manx_500.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 53
  • AJS-7R-1948A.jpg
    AJS-7R-1948A.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
You know that eating Pop Tarts before bedtime, makes you a grumpy old git the next day Chris.....why do you insist on doing it? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back