History according to random people...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry, the term is APOPHENIA. The human brain receives sensory input and then assembles that input into something meaningful to the observer. At times even filling in missing data with its own inputs. So that people all over the world "see" a Man-in-the-Moon (it's actually a rabbit), animals/faces/etc. in the clouds, religious figures in a piece of toast, etc. Thus a group of blurry dark splotches become "The Face on Mars"
Look a the picture below. Three circles and a line, almost all will see a face yet those geometric figures have none of the attributes of a real face.
In 1894 Percival Lowell built a large observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona and spent the next 15 years observing the planet making hundreds of sketches of what he saw: cities, canals, green fields the expanded and receded with the seasons. When the Mariner pictures finally arrived there was absolutely nothing resembling was Lowell had drawn
Identify_The_Fake_Face__28338.jpg

I'm actually surprised no one picked up anything wrong with this particular aircraft's description and information in that site's list. Read it carefully, guys:

Douglas TBD Devastator – United States
  • Despite initial pre-war status as an advanced fighter, by the bombing of Pearl Harbor, aircraft was considered obsolete
  • Alternative World War II aircraft was still in testing phase
  • Speed made it vulnerable to fighters on patrol
  • Entire fleet was almost wiped out in Battle of Midway

I'll say it again - it's so sad that people who can't even spell, have little concept of grammar, and absolutely no idea on how to construct a sentence, with punctuation (which they probably think is the latest pizza, imported form that well-known Italian city, Wigan !), can actually have the basic intelligence (and I use that term very loosely !) to operate a computer and type and post such utter drivel !
But then, they were probably "taught" by the 'Monkey see, monkey do' system, the same way they were taught (but failed the practical) how to wipe their own Rs !!!

They need to learn the designations used with Naval aircraft. TBD meant torpedo Bomber Douglas not an advanced fighter. While it is true that they were slow, vulnerable, and all squadrons at Midway were virtually wiped out, the distraction was enough to permit the dive bombing squadrons to defeat the Japanese Navy. Given enough time, these miscreant vermin will call Midway a victory for Japan. One has to admire the courage of the Devastator pilots.

They need to learn the designations used with Naval aircraft. TBD meant torpedo Bomber Douglas not an advanced fighter. While it is true that they were slow, vulnerable, and all squadrons at Midway were virtually wiped out, the distraction was enough to permit the dive bombing squadrons to defeat the Japanese Navy. Given enough time, these miscreant vermin will call Midway a victory for Japan. One has to admire the courage of the Devastator pilots.
Bingo!

The TBD was never meant to be a fighter, let alone an "advanced fighter", whatever that means.

And the TBD wasn't in a "testing phase", it was a mature design, introduced into service by the USN in 1937 and already showing it's age by the time the Battle of Midway happened.

The TBF Avenger already mixing in with the Devestator's ranks and fought in several of the same battles with the TBD early on.

• Despite initial pre-war status as an advanced fighter, by the bombing of Pearl Harbor, aircraft was considered obsolete

It must be a short list of aircraft that were considered advanced in 1939 but were NOT considered obsolete by Dec 1941 (Pearl Harbour) or would not suffer badly in June 1942 (Midway). Any torpedo plane is vulnerable, the act of dropping a torpedo is doing exactly what you shouldnt do in the presence of enemy aircraft and defensive fire.

That worst aircraft list is something else. While many of the short comings mentioned may not be without validation, they were cutting edge when developed, many of them serving through out the war. As for the ME-210, yes it had flaws which with a little work lead to the excellent ME-410.

Sometimes people just make me mad as hell with their stupid.

IN this modern day and age, we have access to knowledge on a level never before seen in human history and yet...there is more ignorance than ever.

Case in point, in a historical photo essay posted on Facebook, one shows a little English girl clutching her dollie in a bombed London suburb. There were several comments and then out of the blue, this assclown named Björnarr (from Australia) posts this completely off-topic comment (with a photo of Dresden after the fire):
Björnarr Dresden bombing, not a single German soldier in the city at the time!

And then several posts followed:
Grant Dresden was a revenge bombing and uncalled for.

Björnarr Grant definitely and an absolute atrocity against the public of a nation.

Rhonda So sad!

Björnarr It really is, such a shame that history is written with a bias by the winner huh!

Steven It was war. A war that Germany and japan started. We killed enough of their civillians and soldiers to make them quit fighting. I do not know any particulars about thid bombing. However, I will never apologize for my nation or my glorious military for winning . Their sacrifice is why we have the right to voice our opinion openly. God bless you.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Björnarr No f**k your America! You are the cunts that started that f**king war! Learn your history dickhead! You've never had a glorious anything especially your useless f**king military! Get educated by something other than an American history book

After that last post of his, I about lost it...I posted (with a GREAT DEAL of restraint) this:
David Bjornarr - screw you and your revisionist crap.
You say "learn history" and yet you have have NO idea what true history is!
The United States did NOT start WWII, the United States entered the war TWO years after it had begun in Europe and 9 years after it had begun in Asia.
By the way, ask any TRUE Australian how useless our Military is when the Imperial Japanese were breathing down Australia's neck...

But God Almighty I wish I could light that oxygen thief up.

The post is is here:

View: https://www.facebook.com/its.wonderful.life2/photos/a.580678138633388.1073741944.424417070926163/580678358633366/?type=3&theater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back