History Channels' WW2 in HD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wonderful archival footage. Truly gripping. Only thing that ruins it is all the commercials. Destroys the continuity and cheapens the sacrifice of those who did not make it back.

Wonderful archival footage. Truly gripping. Only thing that ruins it is all the commercials. Destroys the continuity and cheapens the sacrifice of those who did not make it back.
That's the problem I have with most of these types of documentaries.
The last one I watched the narrator kept talking over the men that were being interviewed.
The narrators sound was higher than those being interviewed which made it even worse.

Wheels

Sometimes it seems they try to disrupt to continuity to motivate DVD sales.

A couple of things about the Bert Stiles 8th AF sequence.. the Mustangs were 354th FS/355th FG and the shots were taken by Cal Sloan on June 2, 1945..

Bert Stiles as several of you know wrote Seranade to the Big Bird ( published by his mother after the war) and expressed that he would sell his soul to fly Mustangs after he finished ops with the 91st BG. He got his wish and transferred to 339th FG and was involved in the big air battle surrounding Hannover/Misburg on November 26. He shot down his first Fw 190 and crashed shortly afterward, dying on the same day as Erich's cousin.

E ~ did you notice in the 332nd 'shoot down' episode that the Mustang crash landing in the snow was hammered by what appears to be an Fw 190 pouring 20mm into the cockpit?

I'm pretty sure the pilot of the 51 never got out of his ship. By the looks it was an ETO ship in November/very early December 1944 as it appeared to have the fuse Invasion Stripes..

Just caufght this series on the cable down in the hotel in Atlantic City. Awesome film! The shots of casualties are very sobbering. The narrator is the film actor Gary Sinese. "Ice Cream, Lt. Dan!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back