'Hitler's Stealth Fighter' on National Geographic (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder if it will hit NAT GEO in Denmark in June, I certainly hope so..

I imagine some of the people who see this thing going down the road on the back of a truck might think it is a UFO or something!

Looking at the photo's, the model they tested with is all wood. The V3's center section was steel tube with aluminum skin, with wings wood. Also, I cant see if they put any turbine blades into the engine intakes. These two discrepancy's would greatly increase its radar signature.

Thank you very much thehortenman!

I'm curious did you guys do any aerodynamic tests of the a/c ? Or did any of the guys from Northrop ever do a mathematical examination of a/c's properties ?

Many thanks! :)

Thanks so much, Tim. I suspect that you'll be getting a lot of questions once we've seen the show...:lol:

Can't wait to see it in HD on my new Panasonic 42" Plasma! :D

Sorry, but I just HAD to brag about it...

JL

Nice Butters, was thinking about buying myself a new TV as-well actually, a Samsung 42" LED tv preferably :)

To All,
I just saw a final premere today of the show and wow! Mike Jorgenson is a master. It is so interesting... Tell everybody not to miss this especially if they build/like models, aircraft, WW2 ect. Also for the comment on the plane structure. We simulated ALL aspects of the Horten 229 and didnt leave anything out. Alot of care was taken to be accurate in building a correct representation of the aircraft. And if there is any questions on how it was done or why it was done, I will be here to explain that in full detail. After all, I and my crew built it. With all I have learned about the Horten brothers, they were allowed to make their dreams a reality. I am convinced that if built today with modern composite skins and structure also modern engines, this plane could be used today. And with some changes to inlets, exausts and ram treatments... Its a killer!

Tim Knott

WOW Tim, I have to admit I learnd a lot about this plane and it addressed a number of concerns I had inregards to stealth. IMHO it was very well done and to find out the agility was tested before was impressive. What will become of the mock up? Even better, any chance to post pictures of the real one stashed in DC?????

DAM fine job!!!!

Frikkin AWESOME show! I was sitting there with goosebumps the whole time, wishing I had the skills to build something like that....and then nearly broke into a cold sweat (its too hot for cold sweats here) when they started talking about its capabilities....and its planned big-brother...

It had a 20% reduction in radar reflection, which, combined with the jet engines, would have given the British about 8 minutes to react to its presence....and given an average 12-15 minute response time to get Spits on target....yeah, for its day, it would have wreaked havoc at will. Sobering to realize how tight a race the war really was.

BTW...welcome aboard! And depending on your location, you can probably find it on NatGeo's website, or on Hulu.

Someone please record it and send it to me. It doesn't air in Denmark :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back