Hope this turned out ok, f-18 bailout.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
, Canadian F-18.

Attachments

• crash1_782081gm-f.jpg
    crash1_782081gm-f.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 251
moe pics

Attachments

• 4739046.jpg
    4739046.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 4739047.jpg
    4739047.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 4739190.jpg
    4739190.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 248
Happened in a warm up for the Lethbridge, Alberta Airshow. No-one hurt, pilot in hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Witnesses say it was doing a low speed pass then nosed over.

We were talking about it at the airshow tonight and Scooter (P-51 pilot) told me that the pilot was attempting a maneuver similar to what they do with the Harrier. Nose up point of stall and still moving forward, kind of a semi stall type deal and the craft had slowed to much for the maneuver and stalled. Please correct me if this is not correct.

Thanks for the info Andy and Aaron. Judging by the angle of the pilot as the parachute canopy is deploying, he would just about be vertical under a full canopy roughly three seconds before touch down, possibly less. Apart from any injuries associated with the actual ejection, he's likely to have suffered at least minor spinal compression, and possibly lower limb fractures and concussion. And he's probably got a large laundry bill too.....

Amazing pictures and if you summery of his possible injuries are correct Terry I do not envy the poor chap for that is an identical summery of what happened to me and I was in a car heading for Cirencester back in 66. Still plagues me to this day.

Said on the news this morning that the pilot was released from hospital already. He was just in for observation so, amazingly, he seems to be fine. Although now he'll need to explain how he managed to destroy the plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back