How Many Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines.......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

110???

Wow Adler, u musta been recruited for the Army Nuclear Program huh???

Thats funny.. when I read 110, I thought the same thing cause I was recruited for what they said was a "nuke" program. I was held back and given a battery of tests... on the longest test I got to the end and realized that I skipped a question on the answer sheet very early on... I had to go back and erase all my answers!

I'm sure I hosed that portion of the test.... I'm smart enough to score well but too stupid to fill in little black circles with a pencil!

I always wondered what could have happened though.

For people who dont know, 100 is the perfect ASVAB score, so Adler is just pumpin his flyin in a helicopter ass up to make him seem more important than us "ground pounders"...

You ground poundin rocks :lol:

Les did you miss a couple of the addition and subtraction questions???

A secret of mine - I took the asvab and almost enlisted in the Army back in 2000. :oops:

For people who dont know, 100 is the perfect ASVAB score, so Adler is just pumpin his flyin in a helicopter ass up to make him seem more important than us "ground pounders"...

:lol:

Exactly I believe I had a 90 or 93. I need to go back and look at my test score. My GT (General Technical) score though was 127 which is good because if I recall correctly you have to have a GT score of 100 or 110 minimum and a minimum of 70 percent in each catagory to go into Aviation Mechanical fields.

I am old guy from the cold war. I have 14 years of service and then was downsized in 1995. I was a Cavalry Officer and spent time on active duty with the 11th ACR. I was also in the National Guard and Reserve. I was able to work with many amazing service members in all branches on the military.

DBII

8 Years US Army. 87-90 As a 11B (Light Infantry) with Airborne and Ranger school. 4 Years Armor (M1A1) Fought in Desert Storm with 2/2 Cav. (straight out of Knox to Saudi..brilliant timing...):)

By the way, 92 on my ASVAB...:p

MK, for all the missile cruisers, carriers, aircraft, satellites and other assorted toys the military has, it all boils down to some dirty, tired, hungry, horny ground pounder standing on a particular piece of dirt and saying "Mine, you can't have it, and I dare you to try and take it away!"

I think the world of all branches, and appreciate everything they do, but I have to admit my heart is still with the boys on the ground. I would still be there but for a encounter with some Russian made, Iraqi employed ordnance.

Sorry, I don't mean to preach.

Speaking of eggbeaters, you ever have much to do with the Air assault school at Ft. Campbell, DerAlder?

No I sure did not. I spent my whole time (minus Basic Training and AIT and a tour to Kosovo and Iraq) stationed in Germany. I was in an Air Assault Company though and did some Air Assaults in Iraq.

Right before I left the service the Air Assault School sent some instructors over to Germany and opened up an Air Assault School in Schweinfurt for the summer.

My company suported the School and I flew the Sling Loads and the Repell missions for the Air Assault Students. If they finished the whole course they recieved there Air Assault Wings. Below are some pics (I have some better ones on my Lap Top of the students repelling out of my aircraft). I was the Crew Chief calling in the load on the bottom pic.

Attachments

• students.JPG
    students.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 76
  • sling1.JPG
    sling1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 85
Schweinfurt? No kidding? I spent 2 years with B Troop, 3/4 Cav at Conn Kaserne in Schweinfurt. Course, 3/4 is no more, and moved back to the states. We were billeted 1/4 mile inside the front gate. on the left, in the old Luftwaffe barracks. Across from the ammo bunkers and airfield.

Yeah after 3/4 Cav left. 1/4 Cav moved in. We deployed to Kosovo and Iraq together with 1/4 Cav.

Our Airfield was an old Luftwaffe Airfield in WW2 and we were about a 30 minute flight from Schweinfurt.

Well DerAlder, sounds like we had some of the same stomping grounds. Do you know if there is a still a club in Schweinfurt called the Rock Fabrik?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back