How Many Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines.......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why the Army, Aussie ? What not the Navy or Air Force ? Or even the
Marines ? You could do worse than a career in the military. I donno what
the retirement benifits are in your country, but they can't be that bad.
I guess you're young, and I'm sure you can take it. Think it over, and talk
to someone who's "been there...done that".

Charles

Personelly I'd opt for the Air force as most jobs can be carried over into civvy life when you leave. also If you are not already in one join one of the cadet forces so you can get a tiny insight well before crunch time as once you've signed on the line its not easy to buy your way out.

It all depends upon what you want to do, and what aspects you are interested in. It also depends if you want to enlist or if you want to go in as an officer. If you are interested in the puruit of aviation, see if you can get in on an air contract. All services are different, having various methods of recruiting and what they will guarantee. I got a guaranteed spot in flight school when I joined up with the Marines. Don't forget - other services fly besides Air Forces in seemingly every nation - so don't limit your options by only looking at the established air force if you want to pursuit aviation.

I grew up just a regular kid from NJ - and now they let me fly multi-million dollar machines!

Of course there are many negative aspects to military life as well, which you need to consider. CCheese is right - the best thing is to talk to someone that is in the service to get a feeling for military service as it pertains to Australia.

Hi Aussie
You say 'for a carrier'...what do you mean by that?
Do you mean a platform on which to leave home?
It was very much why I joined the Army at 16, with hindsight I wish I'd gone to the Merchant Marine instead, hardly an option now though!

Yeah i would like to use it as a stepping stone (for now anyway) the army are offering $30 000 a year for a "gap" service...
It's where you leave highschool and sign up for a year in any of the 3 services for one year in between highschool and university and get paid the above mentioned sum for it....
If i was going into the forces for a carrier which i might do i would go in as an officer... (if i could)
The reason i don't want to go in the Navy is because i get seasick..... hardly one of the requirments they look for when the sign you up.:):)
I really havnt thought about the airforce yet though maybe i should have a look at it.... i got two and a bit years before highschool ends anyway and i am currently 15 years of age.....

Well I certainly do not regret my 6 years in the Army. Was some of the best times I have ever had. I got to fly helicopters everday and see exotic places and the experiences that me and my other crew dogs had together in Kosovo and Iraq made us a very close bunch and some of us are friends for life.

I would never change a thing I did by joining the military. Times just change and sitatuations change.

I did my time for my country and now it is time for me to do my time for my family...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back