How many unfinished Kits do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well lets see 2 under the bed 3 in the closet 3 under the work bench 4 on the work bench. I don't think I forgot where I hid any other ones so 12. I better get busy.

I've got 3. 2 1/48 Spitfires, and one 1/72 stratocruiser. I've decided to put away my 1/48th Piper Cherokee for a while and start on the 1/144th Pan Am 707 and 747. maybe include the Boeing B314 clipper as well

Come on guys, we all have some laying around. Post them here.

I started thinking about this the other day and looked at the ones on my "In Progress" shelf and found that I had:

1) P-40 Twin - Last worked on a week ago. Stopped to finish the current GB
2) Short Stirling - Not worked on since last month. Same reason
3) Robert L Scotts P-40K - 8 months. Don't really know why I didn't get back to this one.
4) F-102 - 8 Months. Lost the canopy
5) Fw-190D - 8 months. Got too busy with group builds and never got back to it.
6) B-17C - 4 Years. The masking for the second shade of silver began to get to me so I took a break and never returned.
7) Boeing 307 - 4 years. Lots of problems with this one but the reason I stopped was that as there were no longer panel lines on the wings, so I was going to pull the masking off the B-17C after it was painted and put it on the 307's wings.

Then Terry mentioned that he just picked up a Bristol Bulldog and I remembered one that I hadn't finished and I dug these out, all collecting dist for at least 6 to 8 years.

8 ) Bristol Bulldog - Ripped off some decals removing masking. Eventually bought another kit for the decals but never got back to it
9) Supermarine S6B - Managed to mix up the pontoon parts so all the attachment slots are on one and none on the other. I bought another one of these kits too, but never got back to it.
10 11) Fokker DVII and Nieuport 17 - I was going through a biplane faze back then and it ran it's course before these were completed.

Well hopefully now I've shamed myself into working on some of these old projects now that winter is approaching, but I'm not promising anything.

where did you get that Boeing Stratoliner??

where did you get that Boeing Stratoliner??
Maquette Boeing Model 307 I bought mail order years and years ago. May have been from Squadron or Discount Plastic Models, but I don't really remember which. You still see them come up on eBay every now and then but there are none there now. WARNING!! It's a very basic kit. with a VERY limited run fuselage, the most primitive limited run parts I have ever seen. The wings, engines, horizontal tail and landing gear are from the old Frog B-17E and are also pretty basic. I've bought Quick Boost engines for it and intend to use the extra cowlings from an early Academy B-17 kit, and may even change out the horizontal tail with some extra early style ones I have from another Academy B-17 kit.

Attachments

• Maquette307.jpg
    Maquette307.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 109
Greetings Tbolt

Looks like you have good start on the F-106, Delta Dart .............very fast Interceptor aircraft

No.......... S***, look at this photo and put a date on when it was taken....

Note the F-106 the Delta Duce ........
06070711.jpg

To get back on subject......... When my brother comes over to visit........... I have to run him out of the model room. He has a bad habit of
borrowing my spare model parts ...............
suspec10.gif

Later,

Mike

In the old days............ or in the earlier days .....

.... Ozz ............
ooz10.gif

.... A desk top that I made several years ago ....

aurora10.jpg

.... .... .... .... .... .... ....

Have a good one.......... :p

Mike

Wow and I thought I was slack!

In 1:48 of course :)

Fokker E.V - getting there, so damn fiddly. My first attempt at a WW1 fighter, although i did have a go at an SE5a as a 12 year old, still have it, but won't say anymore as this doesn't count!
TA4 Skyhawk - finally found the 75th Anniversary markings
KiwiA4Skyhawk50ans-2.jpg

FB9 Vampire - also managed to find RNZAF markings for this one too. Not started yet.

cheers
yakflyer

I have a 1/72 Sea Fury sat at home, I've assembled the fuselage and wings and that's about it.

Also a Hudson, I've painted the interior and just haven't had time since with the dissertation looming and the intensive university drinking life.... :D

Don't need that plastic in your hand with Paypal! You sly dog you.

BTW............. need clarification.
If a kit box is opened to look inside,
is it then considered Started?????

Last edited:
- 1/48 Revell 109G-10 (just need to finish lacquer and add the canopy and hanging stuff.)
- 1/48 Meng Me 410 - prob gonna add extra goodies; its a beautiful kit
- 1/48 Zvezda La-5FN
- 1/48Tamiya P-47 bubbletop - need one last bit of info or two for a specific kite markings
- 1/48 both planes from an Eduard 1/48 D-11/D-13 box - waiting on a couple aftermarket parts for a custom build of a D-13
- 1/32 Eduard Boelcke Albatros D. II - by July for our annual IPMS show: WWI Theme for obvious reasons
- 1/48 HobbyBoss Me 262A-1a/U5 - may use this just for parts
- 1/400 Heller Prinz Eugen
- 1/400 Heller Gneisenau
- 1/400 Heller Graf Spee
- 1/350 Scharnhorst-ish custom build - all but done; need PE and light AA
- repair a 1/400 "rebuilt" Hood that capsized off a table
- repair a 1/32 Eurofighter "Wild Weasel" custom
- repair a 1/48 Go-229 (prob not gonna happen!)
- repair a 1/350 SMS Koenig by July for our annual IPMS show: WWI Theme for obvious reasons
- multiple 1/35 AFVs - tanks and flak
- a Graf Zeppelin in some forgotten scale
- a Type XX! u-boat in some forgotten scale
- 1/35 Panther F with night vision
- 1/35 Panther II
- jonesing for the new 1/48 KittyHawk MiG-25 Foxbat to hit the shelves - not that I don't have enough to do already; this list is depressingly long.

and the pre-eminent lady-in-waiting... a 1/200 Bismarck (need KA's after-market package and assurances of good standing in God's eyes before even starting)

(prob forgetting a few, too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back