Hurrican Ike (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad you all made it!! Like Charles, I was trying to remember who was in Texas. I thought Thor was out of it but forgot about Db and Amsel.

Please keep us updated on what we can do from a distance. Us here in Jersey forget how hard it is sometimes as we don't get anything up here unless its man-made.

Yea Amsel after Katrina it was like that people cooking everywhere:D .I think the experience personally makes you stronger for other challenges and Life given half a chance really can be simple can't it??

The poor souls who had beachfront homes may have lost everything even if the home stayed intact. By Texas law, if your home is now located on the new tidal beach area, you must abandon it.
This is one from a previous storm that I saw while fishing the surf west of Galveston.
a9qw0g.gif

Yea Amsel after Katrina it was like that people cooking everywhere:D .I think the experience personally makes you stronger for other challenges and Life given half a chance really can be simple can't it??

Yes sir, it can be.

Just saw on the news a pic of a seaside area completely wiped out -except for one single home that looked like it wasn't touched. It seems the owner rebuilt after Rita and built it to withstand a Cat 5 storm. it worked. But the pic was eerie. Will try to find it on the net.

Here it is. Gilchrist, Texas. From AOL.News

Attachments

• ike.jpg
    ike.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 81

Attachments

• ike11.jpg
    ike11.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 65
  • ike5.jpg
    ike5.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 75