I appreciate the German planes of WW2 but... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's one rather well traveled picture of a Ta-152 on a compass rose getting the compass swung, sitting level with it's tailwheel on a pedestal.

Does anyone have a link to that picture? I have been looking around for it, but can't find anything like it. It sounds really cool.

It's in Green's book on the Luftwaffe IIRC. It's not the best one, but here it is. I have to admit, it's a dam fine looking aircraft!

Attachments

• ta152.jpg
    ta152.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 138
Strange as it may sound, I like the two-seater more myself Mike!

Dave, yep, that's the one! Seen it in atleast 4 different books, two of which I have here:
-Die Grossen Luftschlachten des Zweiten Welt Kriegs ('The great air battles of WW II') - Kaiser Verlag, and
-The Enyclopedia of Aircraft of WW II - Amber books.

I think it was also in a book I have back in NZ, 'Hitler's Luftwaffe', by Tony Wood and Bill Gunston.

[SC] Arachnicus;918970 said:
I agree to a certain point but for some reason the stabilizers annoy me. I definitely agree that they do have a sinister look. It's like they knew they were the bad guys.

I Agree. And, what about the italians like the Macchi 205? For me the single in-line engine italian fighters (and the german Me-262) are the most elegant and beautiful aircraft of WWII.

That one is great, but the best looking of WWII has to be the PV-2 Harpoon.

Had to go look that designation up and uhh....Yes the ole Ventura nice bird.

I Agree. And, what about the italians like the Macchi 205? For me the single in-line engine italian fighters (and the german Me-262) are the most elegant and beautiful aircraft of WWII.

Out of all the axis crates I think the 202,205 and the G-55 were the racers

Attachments

• ventura1.jpg
    ventura1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 166
  • fiat-g55.jpg
    fiat-g55.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 166
For me the best looking German plane has to be the 110 before they started sticking radar aerials on them. Lovely slim fuselage lines almost Dehavillandish to my eyes.

BF-110s.jpg

Can see the piles of WARBIRDS instead for Hustler or Penthouse in the......eeerrmmm....'thinktank' here! :lol:

Used to think that nothing could beat the Mustang and others before, but now......those Doras and the Ta, d*mn! :lol:

I always thought that two of the most beautiful aircraft of WWII were German - the Me 410 and the Me 262. They have the bedroom curves, the sweeping lines, the come-hither tail and bright, big.......

Me410_001.jpg

vista_me262_01.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back