I Love This Site !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RamRod

Recruit
Nov 5, 2007
Too young to participate in WWII, I none-the-less managed to become caught up in its histories, starting with watching "The World at War" every week with my father and continuing with every tome I could find on the pilots and aircraft involved in the "Battle of Britain". I lived with Johnnie Johnson, Douglas Bader and Adolf Galand through their autobiographies but could find few pictures to flesh out my images of the machines that carried them in their heroics . . . . until NOW.

I was hoping to find, at least, one image of a Spitfire, P-38, P-51, Mosquito, or even a ME109/FW190 to refresh my "desktop" with a Googling of WWII Aircraft Pictures Paintings.

Viola'!

I just knew that there had to be a million images tucked into personal archives but what would prompt their revelation except a site that would draw their mutual interest. THIS IS THE PLACE.

Now I just feel guilty that I have found this treasure-trove and have nothing to contribute in return. Relax, I'll get over it.

A million thanks to all that built and continue to contribute to this incredible site.

I would, also, be terribly remiss if I failed to use this venue to thank those who did "participate" in WWII and for their many sacrifices. God bless those of you who read this and may he keep a special place for those who are no longer with us.

Too young to participate in WWII, I none-the-less managed to become caught up in its histories, starting with watching "The World at War" every week with my father and continuing with every tome I could find on the pilots and aircraft involved in the "Battle of Britain". I lived with Johnnie Johnson, Douglas Bader and Adolf Galand through their autobiographies but could find few pictures to flesh out my images of the machines that carried them in their heroics . . . . until NOW.

I was hoping to find, at least, one image of a Spitfire, P-38, P-51, Mosquito, or even a ME109/FW190 to refresh my "desktop" with a Googling of WWII Aircraft Pictures Paintings.

Viola'!

I just knew that there had to be a million images tucked into personal archives but what would prompt their revelation except a site that would draw their mutual interest. THIS IS THE PLACE.

Now I just feel guilty that I have found this treasure-trove and have nothing to contribute in return. Relax, I'll get over it.

A million thanks to all that built and continue to contribute to this incredible site.

I would, also, be terribly remiss if I failed to use this venue to thank those who did "participate" in WWII and for their many sacrifices. God bless those of you who read this and may he keep a special place for those who are no longer with us.

One day when you have lots of time, is to go into the archive section and look at all the dead threads that have gems of information.

RamRod: I don't actually know that there are (or are not) any actual vets
of WW-II that belong to the forum. This place is just loaded with active
duty military (mkloby in USMC), active duty guys from other nations,
(Wurger is Polish Air Force) ex-military (FlyboyJ is ex-Navy), and ex-
members of the armed forces of other nations. There are guys in the reserves,
retired (like me) and each has a story to tell. This forum is a wealth of information.
All you have to do is ask and you will get pictures, facts and references.

There are Gulf War vets here, Iraq vets (DerAdler) and disabled vets.
And, I would bet my next paycheck that there are guys here with lots
of campaign ribbons and medals, too.

Enjoy this site..... I know I do...

Charles

Heres my "salad" for all its worth lol....

Attachments

• Plane 020.jpg
    Plane 020.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 143
No stars on the GCM Charles.... Usually, when u strike a Commissioned Officer, ur in the Brig and outta the Navy.... I didnt get either, but, well, u can kinda guess the rest...

The only ones that means anything up there are the Navy Commendation Medal for Valor and the Combat Action Ribbon....

The rest I'll sell ya for a cup of coffee, Starbucks of course...

Thanks and note that the treasure trove I spoke of were the galleries full of paintings and photos.

I somehow figured that any surviving WWII vets with the kind of moxie it takes to survive a war, would be net-savvy and drawn to this site and, if not, their "young 'uns" would pass my thanks on.

I appreciate all vets and members of our armed forces. They didn't rant and talk, they did and DO!
God love 'em all.

My Uncle was 72 when I found out, quite by accident, that he was a Congressional Medal of Honor heroe. The transcript of the award is pretty darned impressive and inspiring, but the only mention I got from him, during a hundred tale telling sessions regarding his service in Europe, were the jokes about his escapades "passing the time" between stints at the front. In those moments, I just assumed that his tour was spent in the rear and just enjoyed the laughs. In retrospect, it wasn't what he did in combat, that he would want to relive with his nephew, but that which a younger non-combatant could relate to and enjoy for a laugh. God love his memory.

Thanks, again, all and its nice to feel "included" in such a forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back