Il-2 in two (1/48 Tamiya double kit construction).

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tokkotai

Airman
May 1, 2016
Hi again,
Another VVS project, much more ambitious than that of the Yak-3 I dare say:) is to build two separate Il-2s, 1/48 scale, Tamiya kits. The first is going to be a super detailed construction,( I've already done a lot of read-up and ref material is still coming in), while the second is going to be an almost OOB build. I may need the help of you forumists here;) as I had plenty during my Japanese modeling era some time ago. I have got a lot of liking for this legendary Soviet aircraft and I hope it will show in the time to come..:)
Here is a bunch of relevant photos where you can see that all the surfaces have been riveted except for the wooden rear fuselage. Also the ailerons,rudder,flaps and elevators have been cut off. I'll post more along with my progress work. Any comment and remarks more than welcome.
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

20181106_200253.jpg

20181107_032806.jpg 20181110_025930.jpg 20181110_135039.jpg 20181110_124838.jpg

Thanks a lot fubar57 and Capt. Vick. Now I got one tough for you...well, actually for everyone..:😊There's no 1/48 Mikulin engines available. Tamiya gives only the main part of it. I am thinking of adding the side parts from a Klimov engine I've got available. Do you approve?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Not a problem at all my friend. Unlike modelling I've been very lazy posting my work.:rolleyes: I promise though I'll do it shortly. For starters just a photo to where I've reached so far. Massimo Territori gives me great help in my search over the legendary Il-2.:)

20190119_150028.jpg

Thanks Panagiotis. I didn't realize it was a kit part and thought that maybe you moulded it somehow. Great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back