I'll Trade U 4 That.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I solved my decal needs, called Craig at Aeroworks in Adelaide and he can get them! Funny thing is the local shop told me hobby shops don't carry after market decals, but never offered to get some for me. Very disappointing going in there! Thanks for the offers guys. I will be doing several Navy planes and will use much of what I do get. cheers, Bill

Evan,

Cheers mate! If you are still interested in the vacuform canopies, I would consider trading some of them for a set of He112 Hungarian airforce markings.

Your mail box must be stuffed full - I can't get any pms thru to you. :lol:

Does anyone have any 1/48 VMF-323 Death Rattlers Decals for an F4U-4? I'd like to do one, but can't find any decals anywhere. Let me know what you want in return. I don't have any kits for trade, but I've got lots of decals (or partial decals).

Does anyone have any 1/48 VMF-323 Death Rattlers Decals for an F4U-4? I'd like to do one, but can't find any decals anywhere. Let me know what you want in return. I don't have any kits for trade, but I've got lots of decals (or partial decals).

You might be able to order a set from Trumpeter. I think they have a 1:48 scale F4U4 kit that has the death rattlers markings. (Or maybe it's 1:32?)

Last edited:
Thanks! I knew they did a 1/32, but didn't realize there was a 1/48. I don't actually even have a kit yet, so that may be just the ticket.

Hobby Boss makes a snap tite version of the F4U4 in 1:48 with the death rattlers markings. The kit itself is about 7$

Scalehobbyist.com: F4U-4 Corsair (snap-tite) by Hobby Boss Models

So if you can find a better kit (Academy, Hasegawa and Revell Monogram all make a 1:48 scale) you might buy the snap tite version just for the markings. :)

Scalehobbyist.com: F4U-4B Corsair by Academy Models

Scalehobbyist.com: F4U-4 Corsair by Hasegawa Models

Scalehobbyist.com: F4U-4 Corsair by Revell Monogram

(I'm not sure that trumpeter does one .... might have gotten my scales crossed - sorry)

It's alright! I just took a look around and couldn't find it, but I may have to look into that Hobby Boss one for exactly the purpose you mentioned! Thanks for looking around! The one I know I can find easily is the Academy one, which I've heard is ok?

Sorry guys...rarely on at the moment it seems! Time to roll up the sleeves and deal with that mailbox..!! :)

Aw blast - I could have sworn I had the search filter set for 1:48 scale! Sorry.

Not a problem! I'll keep looking around.

EDIT: Just found the Aeromaster sheet on Ebay, and the auctioner is based in Alberta!

EDIT EDIT: I actually live in a smaller city outside of Edmonton called St. Albert, with a population of about 65-70 000, and so does he! :shock: What're the odds...

Last edited:
Cory, in the last few days I've seen an advert for a new decal sheet for the 'Death Rattlers', part of a series which appears to be covering the history of the unit. Sorry, can't remember where I saw it, or the company, as I wasn't really looking for that at the time. It was a well-known make though. Maybe a search of new products (decals) on some of the web-sites such as Hannant's might provide some more info?

Hmm, can't find anything other than this Flying Leathernecks sheet, which is for all F-18s:
FL48023_VMFA-323.jpg

I think I'll be ok re the F4U-4, as I've been talking to the guy from Ebay and he said I could just come pick them up instead of worry about shipping them etc (which will save me $2.00! Although I'll probably spend that in gas! :lol:).

I'm tempted to try and also get my hands on a Panther/Cougar and a FJ-4 Fury, as they flew those as well. The Hobby Boss Fury actually comes with 323 decals, but Panthers and Cougars appear to be hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back