I'll Trade U 4 That.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Karl beat me to it !
We both use King Kit quite a lot (around 25 years for me), as they're mainly a dealer in 'pre-owned' kits, all checked and complete, normally at good prices. But the advent of such services as e-bay has pushed up the prices on some of the rare items, although they're still lower than some fetch elsewhere. For example, I got a Tamiya 1/48th scale Mosquito BIV, un-opened, at half current retail price, and some other kits I've bought, often still in production, have been under a 'tenner'.

Oof, yeah that's about $80 Canadian! I'm going to try to call one place in Toronto and see, but if they don't have it (which won't be surprising) I'll have to bite the bullet. Thanks Karl!

BTW, I like your avatar!

Last edited:
Oof, yeah that's about $80 Canadian! I'm going to try to call one place in Toronto and see, but if they don't have it (which won't be surprising) I'll have to bite the bullet. Thanks Karl!

BTW, I like your avatar!

it seemed expensive to me, not knowing what the actual kit is like, i had same issue with the Hasegawa RAF Phantom kit, paid £57 inc delivery in the end, my most expensive kit to date !

and thanks, Boba Fett was always a fave of mine !

it seemed expensive to me, not knowing what the actual kit is like, i had same issue with the Hasegawa RAF Phantom kit, paid £57 inc delivery in the end, my most expensive kit to date !

and thanks, Boba Fett was always a fave of mine !

It's quite basic, but not really that bad. Engraved panel lines (that are overdone), but looking at my brother's the fit seems pretty good, and he didn't do any sanding or filling. I don't know about the cockpit, but I imagine that's pretty terrible. I do know that the way the wings are attached is poor, as they're rather large and there isn't a spar running through them to keep them level, so getting them level will be a pain. My brother and dad did it a a few years ago, so I should be able to.

As for that Hasegawa RAF Phantom, yeah those things are annoyingly expensive and rare. I got lucky and found one on sale at a model store that was closing over the summer, and still paid ~$60 for it! The Canuck won't be the most expensive kit I'll have ever bought, since I have picked up a couple 1/32 jets and the Tamiya 1/32 series, but it will probably be the most I'll overpay for a kit.

As for Boba Fett, he's on my phone case. I also bought his Slave I in 1/72, which was another expensive endeavor...

What is the deal with Hobby Craft? They made 3 gradually improved CF-105 Arrows and they are all rare and as expensive as hens teeth. I guess the same with CF-100 Canuck. Are they a major producer or a guy in a garage?

Jim, I've built the basic -105 and it was a good build compared to my other Hobbycraft kits. If I recall there are several detail sets; interior exterior, P.E. and resin but now you are greatly increasing an already steep price. I may finish it if I can get over my Leukophobia.

Geo

Do you have a picture of the box Geo?

My box is long gone, too much of the space taking up thing, but this is what mine looked like...

cf105.jpg

...the improvements being on some external detail from what I've read.

Geo

According to this:

Hobbycraft 1/72 scale Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow by Don Weixl

"Hobbycraft Canada released a 1/72 scale (some describe it as closer to 1/78 scale) injection moulded kit in the 1980s. The first version can be identified by having the aileron actuator fairings (blisters) on top of the wing instead of on the bottom. The second version corrected the wing and had better decals, although the decals were still not very accurate . A third version was released in 2012 and has been upgraded with a more accurate fuselage length and improved intake and canopy profiles. The new kit also has a different version of the afterburner cans that was found on most Arrow prototypes. The 2012 version also has a more accurate front landing gear strut and nose shape."

images-5.jpeg

images-6.jpeg

Sorry gents I was talking about 1/72 scale.

I should have mentioned I have an MPC 1/24 Willy's Jeep and a Revell USS Missouri I'm willing to let go for a 1/72 DC-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back