Ira Kepford's F4U-1A - Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, a small update, the ultracast flaps have been placed into position and the engine is finished. Now next step is a thorough look for small details, rescribing, reriveting and of course the painting, which i am looking forward to.

P1020778.jpg

P1020779.jpg

P1020780.jpg

P1020786.jpg

P1020790.jpg

P1020791.jpg

P1020795.jpg

P1020798.jpg

John

Hi Guys, long time no see, but a few problems kept me away for a while. I have started thinking about the painting process and i want to ask you this: About the insignia white color of the belly, i have the Gunze H316 (fs 17875) and the Gunze H-21 (off white). One is white, not the exact color of the WWII insignia white, and the other one is a bit yellowish. Which one you think is the best much. My opinion is to mix those two colors together in order to break the white of the white. What do you think?

Last edited:
Depends how "yellowish" the one is but if it's noticeable, then that would put me off using it. You're right in that you don't want to be pure white but if you have some black or grey, you could always try putting a tiny spot of those into the white.

Crimea, hi, it is not so yellow, more it is like between white and light ochra color, that is why i am thinking of blending them together(both of them are gloss) in order to break the white. Of course i can always put some FS36622 into the white and to bring things together!! Thanks anyway, John

Last edited:
Looking good. That's not a technique I favour personally, but it's certainly doiung the job here !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back