It shouldn't happen to a Chef !

Perhaps they should eat before they come to dinner.
 
Not sure if this belongs here and I hope Rochie allows it but.....
Back in the early 1990's, I was newly married. One day I come home from work and she thought she would make a dinner and made beef goulash. But she didn't think it was right, saying it required too much pepper. I was so fecking hungry, I didn't care. "Fetch me yon meaty combustables!" But she was right. I about choked on the amount of pepper so I asked for the recipe. She hands me a book and I'm reading and I ask her how much beef did she use? She said "One pound." I said, "Well that's interesting since it requires 8lbs!!" She didn't really read the recipe and used the amount of pepper for 8lbs of meat. :)
 
Not sure if this belongs here and I hope Rochie allows it but.....
Back in the early 1990's, I was newly married. One day I come home from work and she thought she would make a dinner and made beef goulash. But she didn't think it was right, saying it required too much pepper. I was so fecking hungry, I didn't care. "Fetch me yon meaty combustables!" But she was right. I about choked on the amount of pepper so I asked for the recipe. She hands me a book and I'm reading and I ask her how much beef did she use? She said "One pound." I said, "Well that's interesting since it requires 8lbs!!" She didn't really read the recipe and used the amount of pepper for 8lbs of meat. :)
I had a somewhat similar experience but involved crushed chilli instead of pepper...never has a tub of sour cream tasted so good.
 
Here's the offending beef dish.
20240602_193335.jpg
 
That looks worth roundtrip air fare for a taste!
 
I served up a lemon and olive chicken casserole tonight with air fried potato wedges and steamed vegetables. I received complaints as there were only four potato wedges on the plate!.......................................now I ask you....................................what was wrong with that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
I served up a lemon and olive chicken casserole tonight with air fried potato wedges and steamed vegetables. I received complaints as there were only four potato wedges on the plate!.......................................now I ask you....................................what was wrong with that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I expect it depends on the size of the potatoes to begin with
 
Let them dig up their own damn potatoes.
 
Table of 13 in last night, had pre ordered.
Some hadn't ordered a starter, but the food and beverage manager came in and asked if they could add a starter on to the pre ordrr.

Sure i said, what do they want ?

They want the duck, but gluten free, she says.

Can't do gluten free duck, i respond.

Why not ?

Because we dont have f###ing duck on the menu !
 
More training needed my friend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back