Italaerei 1/72 Ju86 D1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is some shots on Youtube of it in the air and there appears to be a whack load of soot and smoke coming from that area so I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track. The kit just has raised lines in a criss cross pattern so I'm assuming it was some sort of wire mesh. Nice to find a picture though.

There is nothing out there so far as I can find. I think this is an approximation at best. The nacelle on the left I used coarser screen.
100_2086.jpg

Also, this is the first time I have ever fated about with "Future" I dipped the nose glass and cockpit glass in it the other night. Amazing stuff ! I will have to experiment with this more !!!
100_2087.jpg

Does sound like you're on the right track there mate. Lots of weathering and hey presto! Nice one with the canopy too, wish I could get that stuff here.

try your local supermarket Evan,I couldn't find this either but with the nod from Terry of where to find it i now have a bottle,my bottle is marked up as Klear by Pledge and works very well,it took a lot of the damage to the black widow rear glass away and i now use it on all my canopys and touch wood non have misted over since,i tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full

Cheers guys, and brilliant link! Haven't seen any Pledge products here, but will try the local equivalents... :)

Cheers for the heads up on the post box too Bob!

Got some time this weekend so back at work. Got the engine done. Not quite sure how the panels on the nacelles work out. I cut them according to the lines on the kit but I don't think they are quite right so I haven't glued the nacelles on yet. Still looking for accurate pics, definately not a lot out there.

100_2091.jpg

100_2093.jpg

Splendid work mate! Have a soft spot for them old Italerie..Italierei....them there Italian kits, build a few of them back in the day, 25-30 years ago. The Ju 52 with the big round magneto, the Ju 188, the Do 217 nightfighter, the 217 K/M(?), just to mention a few...

I actually have the Ju52 Minesweeper kit, was thinking about hitting that one next until I picked up a BV141 Airfix kit, a plane so ugly it just screams to be built next !!!

Well I'm almost at the painting end of this project. Here's a tip for any one wanting to tackle this kit. DO NOT GLUE ON THE CONTROL SURFACES UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO PAINT !!! They are flimsy as all hell. I've lost track of how many times I've snapped various bits off touching up other things. Frustration city !
I'll try and get some pics up over the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back