Italaerei 1/72 Ju86 D1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well first the upside, thanks to A4K I have figured out how to deal with the wheel bay opening and interior.

100_2064.jpg

100_2067.jpg

Now the down side, there's a nasty rumour going around that it's supposed to be sunny this weekend and the war Dept. has me penciled in for some serious yard work. Me thinks my days of hibernating in the basement are drawing to a close !

War Dept appeased, mostly due to the latest whack load of rain ! Wings are glued up but not yet attached. I have been working on cutting out the raised lines and laying down rivet marks. I must say the plastic is terrible for cutting, very hard and very brittle and scribing lines is probably my least liked task building models but it's usually worth the results, had lots of screw ups so lots of filling and sanding. I don't know if I'll go nuts with the riveter, so far I think I might just do around the lines I have cut out. So far I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along.

100_2070.jpg

100_2072.jpg

...and rightly so - great work mate!

Btw, found by chance on the net yesterday that Italeri did a Ju 86G aswell, back in the days they were still called 'Italaerei'.

Got to work on the engine nacelles today, cut out the vents or exhaust ports, not really sure what they are but they look like some sort of wire screening. I used some mesh from a transmission filter to fill in the spots but I think it's too fine so I'm looking for something a little coarser. I'm afraid when I paint the mesh will just load with paint and not look like mesh. From what I can see so far exhaust and engine heat from the radiators was vented out of these.
naceles.jpg

Good stuff, and a great job so far, especially considering the relatively rare amount of reference material, compared to more 'popular' aircraft. Looking forward to the next stages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back