Italaerei 1/72 Ju86 D1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He's invisible! Wonder if he previously manned the aircraft someone was after colour pics of..? :)
(Presumably he exited the aircraft and never found it again..? )

WAHA !!!!! Paint time ! The best time !! Thought I had a new bottle of helblau but no, ended up using an old bottle but fortunately the paint was still in pretty good shape. I swear by Testors Model master paint ! Underside done. Tomorrow hopefully I can start on the upper surface.

100_2114.jpg

100_2115.jpg

100_2116.jpg

Well I think I'm about to have a brain aneurism ! According to the box art the camo is light green dark green and brown ( I'm doing the Luftwaffe version). According to the instructions, it's light gray, light green and brown. This appears to be how they were painted in the Condor Legion. Now if I understand right they were retired to a trainer status where the insignia was changed but not the paint scheme, (please correct me if I'm wrong ).
Now, back to the box art, from what I can see after surfing the net the LGreen/DGreen/Brown scheme was used on the later versions with the radial engine supplied as transports to the Eastern Front.
I'm pretty sure if I paint it with the grey green brown pattern I'm on the right track. If anyone can verify this then please do. Don't mind committing myself just as long as it's not to a nice one room apartment with no windows and nice soft walls !!!

:lol:

No idea myself sorry... Hungarian Ju 86K-2s did wear the L.Grey/D.green/ Tan or Brown scheme however (used 1937-45).

According to my references the Ju-86 A/D/E/G for Luftwaffe wore the RLM61/62/63 camo scheme on tops that was introduced at the end of 1936. At the turn of 1938 and 1939 and later , a part of bombers got the standard RLM70/71/65 camo scheme. The most of Ju-86s for training units was painted just in the way. However the rest of planes of combat units was still wearing the RLM61/62/63/65 camouflage.What is more , the camo scheme had a few variants. The difference were colours that could be used at the same areas interchangeably. Here you are the list...

Attachments

• ju86 camo clours.jpg
    ju86 camo clours.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
THX Evan. :)

An additional info I have found.. these Ju-86s for Sweden , Hungary and Portugal wore RLM67/68/69 on tops and RLM64 on undersides. The camouflage consisted of irregular spots contrary to the LW geometric one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back