Italeri P-38/F-35 Lightning 1:48 Scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A little putty, sand, a little more putty, sand.

A little more putty...

sand.

Sigh...

PuttynSand.jpg

A bit more sanding and buffing left and she will be ready for paint. I used thin brass pipe for the guns. I also converted it to a P-38 J. I special ordered decals for it and she will be the Virginia Marie.

guns.jpg
Nose on.jpg
V3.jpg

Nicely done, should look the biz when finished. The pic is slow loading though (1.25 MB), which slows down the forum. It would be better to re-size before uploading direct to the forum, max size 800 x 600 pixels.

Thanks guys, I HATE metallic paint. I had to paint this backwards. Blue, white outlines, then the metallic. A whole lot of masking. During the first coat of aluminum, a disaster happened involving a lid to the airbrush that did not fit the jar. The paint dropped a nice puddle right on the damn wing.

Sp I had to strip the area, sand where the paint dropped and start over. The problem was fixed.

I'd leave it alone. In my opinion the fuel spills are a bit heavy but overall I think you've done a nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back