Best Itallian Plane?

• Fiat CR.42

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savoia-Marchetti SM.81

• Breda 88

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

breda 88 looks good? damn!!! i think it looks like a fat lady! best italian a/c in my humble opinion is either Fiat G-55 or SM-79... the SM-81 was seriously outdated, as were all other options in the poll...

How did the Cr.42 make the list? And where is anything built by Macchi? I think someone stacked the list to get votes for the P.108.

You think? I've been swayed by C.C to like it though, the whole experimental 102mm cannon swayed me

It could be pretty deadly if you fired it into a bomber formation, maybe a HE shell? That probably would do substantial damage, but the 37mm cannon on a P-39 could bring down anything with one hit, if it hit it.

The Japanese did some expirements fitting a 75mm cannon onto a Ki.67 bomber to use against B-29s. Surprise, surprise it didn't work.

If you put a HE shell in a 102mm cannon and fired into the middle of a B-17 formation, you will cause a lot of damage. Or a Flak shell, shrapnel with accuracy, deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread