It's funny.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
...what you come across, looking for you family name sometimes...

Isidor A. Nordstrom

Lieutenant, United States Navy

Born in Sweden on May 24, 1876, he earned the Medal of Honor while serving as Chief Boatswain aboard the USS Kearsarge on April 13, 1906. The Medal was not officially awarded until the publication of Naval General Orders on December 4, 1924.
He died on March 6, 1930 and was buried in Section 7 of Arlington National Cemetery.

His wife, Kathryn Veronica Nordstrom (1891-1916), is buried with him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NORDSTROM, ISIDOR

Rank and organization: Chief Boatswain, U.S. Navy. Born: 24 May 1876, Goteborg, Sweden. Accredited to: New York. G.O. No.: 142, 4 December 1924.

Citation:
For gallant conduct upon the occasion of the disastrous fire of accidentally ignited
powder charges, which occurred in the forward turret of the U.S.S. Kearsage during target practice on 13 April 1906. Chief Boatswain Nordstrom, then chief boatswain's mate, was among the first to enter the turret in order to assist in bringing out the injured.....

Can't help but think....what if...seeing that some of my family comes from those parts of the country, so, who knows....

Here's another one, this gentleman, I need to ask my dad about and his cousin, who does all family research...

Lt(jg) Whited C. Nordstrom, Ryan FR-1 Fireball Pilot of VF-66, March 1945

nord2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back