It's official, I am now a published reporter and photographer!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It might have been, but that particular T-6 has been painted in German markings for a long time. That third shot is a De Havilland Gypsy Moth, sitting right next to a Tiger Moth. One of the cool things about these little airports is that you never know what gems are hiding in those hangars.

super shots Eric I'm not a helo fan but that shot bought back memories of MASH and good old Whirly Birds

If you logged .1 hours in a helo, then you sure as hell WOULD be a helo fan! :lol: Rotary wing aviation is very challenging and presents a whole new dimension to flight is not not possible with those fixed-wings.

Eric: Like my Aussie friends say, "Good on you" ! Question: I note that in
some of the pic's, your camera does not stop the prop, and in others it
does. Looking at my pic's, the prop is almost always stopped. Why ?
What speed are you shooting at ?

Charles

It depends on a number of factors. Lighting, speed of the aircraft and what is in the background. I typically shoot in the range of 1/60 to 1/400 for props. When I get to jets, I bump up to 1/100th, maybe more depending on available light. You don't have to worry about stopping any moving parts on a jet. With the Aeronca landing and the prop almost stopped, the engine was near idle because he was landing, so it wasn't spinning as fast and I basically stopped it at 1/320.

I hit a big score on this one, a national publication. The January issue of Men's Journal has an article on Steve Fossett. On page 92 of the magazine, there is a picture of Steve, and above that, a plane like his. The airplane picture is mine!

Attachments

• AmChamp7KCAB_138_3841.jpg
    AmChamp7KCAB_138_3841.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back