Jeff's jpegs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Happy to welcome my granddaughter into the world. Penelope MaryLou was born this morning at 7:30, weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces. She is the daughter of my youngest son and his wife and is our first blood line grandchild. We have three step grand children as well. She was born in Regina Saskatchewan and my wife and I are flying out there on March 12th. It is a good day!

At13:13 hrs this afternoon I said goodbye to my pal. Willie was just shy of 10.5 years of age and over the past couple of months his back legs started to give out. I made a promise to myself that when it got to the point where he could get hurt or had no dignity, I would do what every dog owner dreads. Today was that day.
Mine since he was a newborn we did nearly everything together. He went where I went, came for rides in the car and to the donut shop where he loved his treats.
It has been just over six hours since I held him as he took his last breath. A river of tears and a mountain of tissues followed.

The atached picture was taken after the sedative was administered but 5 minutes before the drugs that took him. He simply closed his eyes and was gone. No more pain, no more worries.

Anyone who met Willie loved Willie. He had a ferocious sounding bark but truth be known, he was afraid of his own shadow.

My house is quiet now. No barking, no clicking of nails on the floor, no clinging of his ID tags on his food or water dish.

His collar hangs on the post of the banister outside my bedroom and it will stay there till the day I move and then it will come with me.

I will bury most of his ashes out back on the property that he knew and loved. Some will be put aside to go with me after I have travelled up the chimney.

I miss my friend.

Jeff

Last edited:
So sorry Jeff to hear of your loss. It's always hard to loose a pet and a friend. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry.

I'm very sorry Jeff. My one passed away a month ago. He was 18 and 14 years was with me. So I know what you feel. Still missing Bazyl all the time.

So sorry to hear, Jeff. At least Willie is beyond pain now. It's been seven years since my sweet Kiki left us, but I still get a twinge every time I go past that stone in the back yard.

But after a few months Onyx and I decided we were tired of "bache-ing" it, so Ebony

came to live with us, but it just wasn't the same. I still miss Kiki.

Users who are viewing this thread