Ju 88A-1 MTO Schemes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There were A5´s also....
This is the Plane of my Uncle "B3+EX" of IV./KG54.
The picture is from late 1942/early 1943 taken at "El Quasabar"

Afrika2.jpg

Last edited:
Or A-14s....

Attachments

• Ju88A-14 IJG77 Sicily 1942-43.jpg
    Ju88A-14 IJG77 Sicily 1942-43.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Ju88A-14 IJG77 Sicily 19941-42.jpg
    Ju88A-14 IJG77 Sicily 19941-42.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 164
And D variant...and A-5. Also A-4 looked nice.

Attachments

• Ju88 colour pic.jpg
    Ju88 colour pic.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Ju88D-2 2F123 Sicily 1942_.jpg
    Ju88D-2 2F123 Sicily 1942_.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 154
  • Ju88D.jpg
    Ju88D.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Ju88 colour pic1.jpg
    Ju88 colour pic1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Ju88A4 1_KG54 Italy 1943.jpg
    Ju88A4 1_KG54 Italy 1943.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Ju88A4  LG1 Mediterranean TO.jpg
    Ju88A4 LG1 Mediterranean TO.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
interesting Hes that the numerals on the tail fin in white ? stand for individual aircraft I suppose ?

thank you for sharing part of your family's records, sadly I cannot they were all KIA with nothing saved for the living members in Germany.

did a recheck some wonderful fotos I must say, note the belly landed Ju with the flash hider equipped on the forward 2cm mount and also the parked Ju with the splotch and welle sand mottle on the underside

Hes did you uncle and crew make it through the war ?

Last edited:
Thanks Erich.
These few pictures and the decorations are all that i have from my uncle. And his tales... So i can explain the numbers on the tail :D
My uncle told the tailnumbers was painted on to easy identify every single plane in the attacks and for the pilots it was easier to join their regroup after the runs...
Hope this info was helpful

Hes

many thanks, now did he make it through the war or killed in action plus what decorations do you have of his ?

this is all very interesting and I think the other guys would like to know what other units he served with besides KG 54 if he did as well as his final rank in the Luftwaffe and also the final number of missions in these unit(s).

mfg E ~

He made it through the war.. otherwise he couldn´t told me is stories :D
He ha a lot of stuff, but after he died my aunt put all of this in the trash. I couldn´t believe that.. but it´s a horrible fact. I know he had a lot of documents, including his flight books.. All gone...
His decorations are the "standard".. EK1+2, wounded badge silver, combat clasp for bomber silver, fliegerschützenabzeichen, his eagles (breast and cap) and also his buckle with belt.... that´s all what survived....
Unit i know only the KG 54 (all the pictures are also from KG54), rank was Feldwebel and i think he had flown 80-100 missions. don´t know that 100% because as i said above..i own no documents....

Last edited:
In the vol.I of Kagero series about Ju88 it is stated the a/c was used initially by KG51 ( 9K - code) and then was handed off to one of schools.That's way the white number 18 on the tail.The number was on wing undersides as well.There is another shot of the machine.But interesting is that there is a guy in the pic with a bomb on his sholder and he is weraing a summer ( trop ?) uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back