Ju88-4 Pro-Modeller 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

treyzx10r

Senior Airman
Dec 27, 2010
orlando
My take on one of KG54 Totenkopf Geschwader based at Bergamo Italy 1943, The kit was really nice and the upgraded resin office was a real great fit. The downfall was the crumbly decals. I was able to save the bulk of them with decal bonder ,however I had to hand paint in a lot of details including the whole B on the port side. The codes were supposed to be B3+FL sadly the F's self destructed so now we have B3+CL, not sure if there was such a code in Kg54 but it will suffice for my level of building. Thanks for looking and as always all critiques good, bad or indefferent are welcome.

Ju88fini3002.jpg

Ju88fini3001.jpg

Ju88fini011.jpg

Ju88fini008.jpg

Ju88fini016.jpg

Ju88fini006.jpg

Ju88fini005.jpg

Ju88fini003.jpg

Ju88fini002.jpg

Ju88fini001.jpg

Cheers Trey

Nice one! Only points I would make, the tyres are maybe a touch too flat, and the bombs were normally painted grey, although there could be exceptions of course.
Nice work overall though, and I like the interior detail.

After all that work on the office I'd want a light in there showing it all off on the flick of a switch. Nice work on the tricky 'squiggle' cameo work. Not tried that myself yet so await with trepidation.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone! I totaly agree about the tyres this was my first attempt at 'weighting' so they're not glued and resin ones are in the mail. The bombs were supposed to be grey,I actually painted them RLM 66! The wash and then my stupid idea to hang them then weather the airframe caused them to darken way too deeply. I actually have to gig myself on omitting the lower fuse antenae as well,scratching one now from used guitar string! Oh well I've got an A-6 in the stash maybe I'll actually get that one up to standard! Cheers Trey

Last edited:
Trey an outstanding build and one that you must be very proud of, it was great watching this one come together;)
vaughan

I actually have to gig myself on omitting the lower fuse antenae as well,scratching one now from used guitar string! Oh well I've got an A-6 in the stash maybe I'll actually get that one up to standard! Cheers Trey

Up to standard my arse :lol: That is a sharp build Trey and as always your office is some of the best out there to me :thumbright:

We are our worst critic are we not?

When I see Ju-88 and builded like this... I stay stunned and speachless in positive way...
FANTASTIIIIIIC build

My fav plane of all time

Roman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back