Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, finally had our first band practice. The first 2 guitarist dropped out so we had to find some new guys. Craigslist is wonderful! The new guys were great - both our age and into the same cool music. Since we never played together before it was just seeing how things would gel . It was great after 25 years! My throat is sore and my voice is gone. I don't have my falsetto back - yet!

Here is a list of the songs we did last night....

Custard Pie........................Led Zeppelin
The Rover .........................Led Zeppelin
Thank You......................... Led Zeppelin
Stairway to Heaven.............Led Zeppelin
Heartbreaker...................... Led Zeppelin
Living Loving Maid................ Led Zeppelin
Immigrant Song................... Led Zeppelin
Whole Lotta Love................ Led Zeppelin
Pigs................................... Pink Floyd
Another Brick in the Wall......... Pink Floyd
Vasoline.............................. Stone Temple Pilots
Hotel California..................... The Eagles
Honky Tonk Woman............... Rolling Stones
Brown Sugar........................ Rolling Stones
More Than a Feeling............. Boston
Meadows............................. James Gang
Ziggy Stardust...................... David Bowie
American Girl........................ Tom Petty
Sweet Home Alabama............. Lynyrd Skynyrd
My Girl.................................. The Temptations
Green Manalishi...................... Judas Priest
Fly By Night........................... Rush
Hells Bells............................... AC/DC
Dirty Deeds............................ AC/DC

The new guitar player NAILED the leads for Hotel California and Another Brick in the Wall. My voice was gone when we did Stairway to Heaven and I was trying to sing in a lower register but it was awful, so I got angry and kicked it up and nailed it! A great night! 50 is the new 20!! :)

3oldguys-1.gif

Such crude language. I prefer Ageing Gas Passers.

Now thats a Name - Aging Gas Passers. Better than what we came up with - Hold My Colostomy Bag.

We may have a keyboardist so we are thinking of doing some Kansas (did "Carry On Wayward Son" on Sunday), some Jethro Tull, Genesis and maybe Yes (Maybe a lower key Jon Anderson tune LOL!). Rob Zombie is still on the agenda but haven't tackled it yet. My voice got slightly better but I still have no falsetto and my mid-range was cracking but with luck and practice I'll put Robert Plant to shame!

Ok, great practice last night. My falsetto is SLOWLY coming back. We worked on some Tom Petty stuff. "Running Down a Dream", "Roll a Joint", "American Girl" and "Last Dance for Mary Jane" in which I asked if someone had a harmonica, our guitarist had one and I blew right into the song. We had never played the song before, just listened to the CD once and tore into it! Just a little tweaking and another song to our list!

Oh, and we might have a name.....

Vintage Whine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back