Keep an eye on the seaplane crash investigation

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
I am assuming that you all have heard about the Seaplane that went down in Florida, the Grumman G-73 Turbo Mallard. There were allegedly 20 people on board, but they have only been able to find 19 bodies, still strapped in their seats.

There was a loud band (explosion?) before the right wing separated and the plane went straight down into the ocean. According to reports, a man offered the last seat to a woman and her daughter. It should also be noted that the small carriers like that do not do TSA screening. It begs to question, did someone plant an explosive in the overhead compartment near where the wing attaches to the fuselage?

The Turbo Mallard has been in service for over 30 years and there have been a total of only 4 incidences with the type, and none involved fatalities. I am deeply suspicious about this crash.

The bang could have been the wing ripping from the fuselauge and exploding from the fuel.

As with all aircraft crash investigations, lets wait for more information before making conjectures.

I haven't seen the video but the other that strikes me as suspicious is the fact that on 19 bodies out of 20 that were alledgedly onboard have been found. I'm not going to jump to conclusions but I would go along with what you have said Eric, it just doesn't seem right.

Remember that the investigation is still going on. While cracks in the wing spar is obviously a very bad thing, even the NTSB stopped short from saying that that is the only reason it could have separated. And what happened to the 20th passenger?

Could be, but the water is pretty shallow there and the rest of the people were strapped in their seats. There would have been no reason for the 20th to be up and around, they were still in the takeoff climb. Just a gut feeling, but something is just not sitting right with me on this crash.

I haven't seen any video with the wing separating, just after it has. Eyewitnesses heard the explosion before the wing separated. It could have been fuel igniting from sparks in the cracks, but I am just suspicious on this.

The NTSB released the initial report on the crash of the Grumman G73 the preliminary metallurical examination has located evidence of fatigue cracking in the lower rear wing spar cap along with lower wing skin and on internal z stringer. corresponding fatigue was also found on the port wing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back