Kill Totals (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lightning Guy

Master Sergeant
Apr 29, 2004
Ok, my last request was a major flop so maybe you guys can help me with this one. I was wondering about 'kill' totals for different fighter planes in WWII (and it should make for some interesting discussions about fighter effectiveness). I would really like to see numbers on the American fighters but numbers on any major fighter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brewster B-239 (Finnish Air Force) 472 kills by 44 planes and 83 pilots

Can't help myself - those numbers are so impressive :)

I haven't found kill ratio's for all planes, but here's the one on my favorite, the Corsair.

2140 kills
189 losses
Kill ratio - 11:1

I also found this one

The Grumman F6F Hellcat
5156 kills
Kill ratio - 19:1

Thorlifter :twisted:

Finnish Bf 109Gs had quite a good kill ratio too :

Bf 109Gs shot down total of 663 enemy aircraft while losing 32 fighters in combat or to anti-aircraft fire.

That makes a kill ratio of 21:1

the top Luftwaffe fighter unit in WW 2, JG 52 flying the Bf 109 variants entirely.

over 11,000 kills !

Sweden sucks! If you don't believe it, go ask Conan O'Brien :twisted:

mirrorman_conie.jpg

nice one a finn
some finnish dude sent a postcard to conan o'brian saying "perkele, from finland" when they had not even got a reason to get hated by conan:p
lol

Yes, and last night (or at least the show was broadcasted in Finland last night) Conan apologized all finns (because he got A LOT of postcards from Finland) and that was part of the apology.

Now all Swedish people can send hatemail to Conan. 8) :lol: :D

But... back to business. Which is FAF and their victory ratios of course :)

Fokker D.XXI - 191 victories, 16 losses - 12:1
Fiat G.50 - 101 victories, 5 losses - 20:1
Morane-Saulnier M.S. 406 - 135 victories, 18 losses - 7.5:1
Curtiss Hawk 75 A - 190 victories, 15 losses - 12:1

And that seems to cover the most important finnish fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back