Knights Templar and North America, myth or fact? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In their own words (biblebelievers.org)
Like other secret societies, the Freemasons have their own written constitutions. In the Scottish Rite petition for admission to the mysteries, question number 26 asks: 'Do you promise, upon your honor, to strictly adhere to and be governed by the Constitution and Laws of the Grand Lodge of Texas and by the By-Laws of this Lodge?' Question number 29 asks: 'Do you seriously declare, upon your honor, that you will cheerfully conform to the ancient established usages and customs of Masonry?'

Edmona Ronayue described the requirement of obedience to all laws and edicts: 'First, the candidate is made to swear eternal obedience to all Masonic laws and edicts, and without having the slightest knowledge of any one of them; then the law peremptorily excluding the name of Christ is submitted for his acceptance, and, lastly, in perfect harmony with the requirements of his Masonic obligation, a blind implicit unwavering obedience to this law is demanded of him whether right or wrong' (The Master's Carpet (1879).

'It is even claimed that: The teachings of Freemasonry . . . are summarily this: Obey Masonic law, and live' (Rev. C.G. Finney, The Character, Claims and Practical Workings of Freemasonry (1869) p.2130.

'It has been said: Those who over-step the Constitution of the US government by joining secret societies and take their judicial oaths to secretly uphold their members in so far as they can when their design and purposes conflict with our Constitutions and laws should be treated as traitors of the government and deprived of their franchise as citizens' (William Edward Smith, Christianity and Secret Societies, (1936) 25).

While not overtly encouraged to participate in criminal activity, Freemasons were sworn to protect their brother Freemasons should they engage in immoral or criminal conduct. The Royal Arch Mason swore, 'I will aid and assist a companion Royal Arch Mason, when engaged in any difficulty, and espouse his cause, so far as to extricate him from the same, if in my power, whether he be right or wrong . . . A companion Royal Arch Mason's secrets, given me in charge as such, and I knowing him to be such, shall remain as secure and inviolable, in my breast as in his own, murder and treason not excepted, etc.' (The Address of the U.S. Anti-Masonic Convention (1830) p. 9).

In summary, according to Freemasonry's critics, Freemasonry is a brotherhood or more aptly a cult which mandates secrecy and obedience within its ranks, affords protection and advancement of the interests of its members, punishes its enemies and turns a blind eye to criminal behavior committed by its members against non-members. Freemasonry provides a value system and an organizational structure which works to put brother Freemasons in positions of power in all organizations and can be used by its members for the most immoral and illegal purposes. Its foundation appears to rest upon the willingness of its members to selfishly exchange their ethics for personal advantage. Its strength appears to lie in a pervasive presence, unseen by those outside the brotherhood, working in concert to protect and expand their wealth and power.

mikewint said:
In summary, according to Freemasonry's critics, Freemasonry is a brotherhood or more aptly a cult which mandates secrecy and obedience within its ranks, affords protection and advancement of the interests of its members, punishes its enemies and turns a blind eye to criminal behavior committed by its members against non-members. Freemasonry provides a value system and an organizational structure which works to put brother Freemasons in positions of power in all organizations and can be used by its members for the most immoral and illegal purposes. Its foundation appears to rest upon the willingness of its members to selfishly exchange their ethics for personal advantage. Its strength appears to lie in a pervasive presence, unseen by those outside the brotherhood, working in concert to protect and expand their wealth and power.

:lol:

Hilarious, I knew this thread would get good!

The sad thing with just about any ".org" is the alarming amount of misinformation and out-right bullsh!ttery that oozes out of those places.

These same places also fan the fire of misinformation by promoting Illuminati conspiracies, Hollow-earth conspiracies, HAARP and geo-engineering conspiracies and in many cases, connect one or more of these organizations together.

We have Masons in my family and have had, for many generations. At no time have I ever seen any with lizard skin, plotting world domination, while holding a garden hose out of a window of a 747 that has flown out of a big hole in the earth from a secret, undisclosed location. :lol:

homer-chosen-one-1.png

Geo

Its amazing that for such a secret society, everybody knows its secrets!

or.....

In summary, according to the Congressional Black Caucus' critics, the Congressional Black Caucus is a brotherhood or more aptly a cult which mandates secrecy and obedience within its ranks, affords protection and advancement of the interests of its members, punishes its enemies and turns a blind eye to criminal behavior committed by its members against non-members. Freemasonry provides a value system and an organizational structure which works to put brother Congressmen in positions of power in all organizations and can be used by its members for the most immoral and illegal purposes. Its foundation appears to rest upon the willingness of its members to selfishly exchange their ethics for personal advantage. Its strength appears to lie in a pervasive presence, unseen by those outside the brotherhood, working in concert to protect and expand their wealth and power.

or maybe.....

In summary, according to the UAW-CIO critics, the UAW-CIO is a brotherhood or more aptly a cult which mandates secrecy and obedience within its ranks, affords protection and advancement of the interests of its members, punishes its enemies and turns a blind eye to criminal behavior committed by its members against non-members. Freemasonry provides a value system and an organizational structure which works to put brother Union member in positions of power in all organizations and can be used by its members for the most immoral and illegal purposes. Its foundation appears to rest upon the willingness of its members to selfishly exchange their ethics for personal advantage. Its strength appears to lie in a pervasive presence, unseen by those outside the brotherhood, working in concert to protect and expand their wealth and power.

hmmm............................

Last edited:
Freemasonry isn't as secretive as it once was. As I said, I've been into a masonic hall a number of times, and I'm no mason (I don't even qualify for membership).
I've even seen Freemason bumper stickers, which read "2B1 ask 1" hardly something a secret society would do.
The fact of the matter is that they, like many other organisations are having trouble maintaining their numbers, and have to open up some of their secretive practices to attract new members.

Regarding 'Christian' values - the only requirement here is for a belief in 'a higher power'. Basically, they don't care which god you believe in, as long as you believe in one.

Freemasonry isn't as secretive as it once was. As I said, I've been into a masonic hall a number of times, and I'm no mason (I don't even qualify for membership).
I've even seen Freemason bumper stickers, which read "2B1 ask 1" hardly something a secret society would do.
The fact of the matter is that they, like many other organisations are having trouble maintaining their numbers, and have to open up some of their secretive practices to attract new members.

Regarding 'Christian' values - the only requirement here is for a belief in 'a higher power'. Basically, they don't care which god you believe in, as long as you believe in one.

Why don't you qualify?

I can tell you that 2B one, ask one is very accurate.

I get a kick out of the hollywood conspiracy theories. It's like chemtrails...

Masonic beliefs are not always compatible with orthodox or catholic Christian beliefs. I mentioned the 'deist' beliefs enshrined in the US constitution for example. Masons have a secret word for god which is itself an amalgamation of the names of other deities, all except one of which Christians deny.

The Roman church has forbidden its members from being freemasons since 1738. There has been some confusion and relaxation in recent years but a catholic mason is deemed to be in a state of grave sin and is forbidden from taking mass. Freemasonry is considered anti Christian and the 'supreme architect' is not the same as the Holy Trinity.

None of this effects or bothers a large majority of masons who do indeed treat their lodge as a sort of social club. They can do so as long as they cough up their annual subscription, but that is not what the masonic belief and ritual system is all about.

All this makes Njaco's post above either naive or that of a masonic apologist.

I am not 'on the square' but I come from a family of naval officers and policemen who most definitely were/are.

Cheers

Steve

Wow, I don't know about apologist but I know I was never taught nor experience any of the things posted.

Freemasonry is considered anti Christian and the 'supreme architect' is not the same as the Holy Trinity.....

I would love to know where this gem came from since I, myself was Chaplain for my Chapter and there was a book I read from. Oh, yes, the Holy Bible - King James version.

And you can say what you want but I can only comment on what I experienced and saw. Nothing of what has been posted was ever in evidence and you would think that molding young minds - such as what I was part of in DeMolay - these issues would arise. They didn't.

I found it to be a healthy association that taught me how to interact in a "civilized" society - nothing more or less. No demons or world domination.

The Freemasons are one of the most secretive and controversial religious groups in the world. Masons have existed for centuries – and if we are to believe their claims, they've existed covertly for even longer. Whatever their history, speculation has always been an enjoyable pastime – and this is especially true in the case of the Masons. Their secrecy fuels the speculation and the few things that are known add fuel. Having passed down traditions and secrets from one generation of initiates to the next, they make it difficult to know what's outdated and what's still practiced. Connecting this thread to another current thread:
Speculation at the time was that Freemasons were behind the series of attacks attributed to Jack the Ripper. The Rippers' mutilation of his victims was supposed to represent the symbolic penalties imposed on a Brother who revealed the secrets of the Lodge. According to people like Stephen Knight and Walter Sickert, it was a plot devised by Sir William Gull to cover up the fact that Edward, Duke of Clarence and heir to the throne had secretly married a prostitute and fathered a child. (In fact, Sir William Gull was not even a Freemason, but this does not discourage the story.) Even the mysterious message left behind by the Ripper, "The Juwes Are The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing" was supposed to be masonic, with "the Juwes" referring to the 3 masons of masonic ritual who murdered Hiram Abif: Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum.
Consider these ten masonic activities as possible facts.

1. Freemasons are commanded not to testify truthfully when another Mason is on trial if that truth would harm their brother. They admit that it may be perjury, but to them, it is a far greater sin to not protect one of their own.

2. Though some members deny it to the public, the Freemasons have at least one secret masonic handshake. Supposedly, there are even phrases a Freemason can utter when facing grave danger – causing other members to rush to their aid. The founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, is said to have uttered this phrase in the last moments before his death.

3. The Masons have a secret password. This is one of the best-known facts about the Masons, but the general perception is that they have just one password. In fact, there are several passwords for various occasions and reasons. As the one person with the final syllable for the ultimate secret word was murdered, they substituted "mor-bon-zi" for this word, and only very few people know the actual secret word. This secret word is used only for ceremonies: "tu-bal-cain" is the more common secret password, on the tip of every Freemason tongue.

4. The initiation rituals- though described by Masons as beautiful ceremonies – include a noose. It's hard to tell whether this is meant as a threat, a call to maintain silence, or simply as the symbol of an umbilical cord (as they claim), but in any case: the initiate is blindfolded, with his left trouser leg rolled up to the knee and his shirt partially unbuttoned to expose his left nipple, and a noose is placed around his neck. The new member must promise to uphold Masonic traditions and not divulge any of the society's secrets. Traditionally, this promise was accompanied by various bloodthirsty punishments (such as having your tongue torn out and being buried alive below the high water mark), however, in deference to modern sensibilities these lines have now been largely excised or euphemistically referred to as the "traditional penalties."
5. Freemasons believe that the east symbolizes rebirth. They sing the sun in its flight – marvelling at its passage through the sky. Masonic lodges tend to be built in the east and in the west, as an attempt to control solar power for their own purposes.

6. It's impossible to become a Freemason if you're an atheist. The first requirement is that potential members must believe in a higher power of some sort. They claim not to care what higher power that is, but you must define it for yourself. You can lie about it, but religion seems to be a point of honor among them. On the other hand, traditionally excluded groups – such as gay men – are included in Masonry, so long as they behave in the same moral manner as other groups. The temple still excludes women, but some groups are currently challenging that fact.
7. The official corruption of Masonry is well-documented, but often covered up. Half a million Masons in England are disproportionately involved in banking, politics, and government. Even hospitals and universities are often controlled by the Masons
8. If you've ever looked closely at the US dollar bill, you've probably seen the All-Seeing Eye above the pyramid. This symbol is a Freemason symbol, and the Latin underneath is a Freemason motto, meaning "new world order". Many say that the decision to include this masonic symbol was not influenced by Freemasons – Benjamin Franklin being the only Mason on the design committee – but the coincidence remains fascinating all the same.

9. Breivik – responsible for the 2011 mass murder in Norway – was a member of the Lodge of St. Olaf in Oslo. He was promptly excluded – but his degree of involvement within the organization is open for debate.
That a Mason did this DOES NOT reflect on Masons as a group. Timothy McVeigh was raised Catholic and before his execution accepted the Catholic sacrament.
10. Some say that Masons have an agenda to take over the world – but some Masons seem to have their sights set on the moon. Astronauts in the Apollo program – including Buzz Aldrin – were self-professed Masons. Their rite flags have been to the moon and back, and Aldrin seems to have claimed the moon for his Masonic lodge in Texas.

The Freemasons are one of the most secretive and controversial religious groups in the world. Masons have existed for centuries – and if we are to believe their claims, they've existed covertly for even longer. Whatever their history, speculation has always been an enjoyable pastime – and this is especially true in the case of the Masons. Their secrecy fuels the speculation and the few things that are known add fuel. Having passed down traditions and secrets from one generation of initiates to the next, they make it difficult to know what's outdated and what's still practiced. Connecting this thread to another current thread:
Speculation at the time was that Freemasons were behind the series of attacks attributed to Jack the Ripper. The Rippers' mutilation of his victims was supposed to represent the symbolic penalties imposed on a Brother who revealed the secrets of the Lodge. According to people like Stephen Knight and Walter Sickert, it was a plot devised by Sir William Gull to cover up the fact that Edward, Duke of Clarence and heir to the throne had secretly married a prostitute and fathered a child. (In fact, Sir William Gull was not even a Freemason, but this does not discourage the story.) Even the mysterious message left behind by the Ripper, "The Juwes Are The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing" was supposed to be masonic, with "the Juwes" referring to the 3 masons of masonic ritual who murdered Hiram Abif: Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum.
Consider these ten masonic activities as possible facts.

1. Freemasons are commanded not to testify truthfully when another Mason is on trial if that truth would harm their brother. They admit that it may be perjury, but to them, it is a far greater sin to not protect one of their own.

2. Though some members deny it to the public, the Freemasons have at least one secret masonic handshake. Supposedly, there are even phrases a Freemason can utter when facing grave danger – causing other members to rush to their aid. The founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, is said to have uttered this phrase in the last moments before his death.

3. The Masons have a secret password. This is one of the best-known facts about the Masons, but the general perception is that they have just one password. In fact, there are several passwords for various occasions and reasons. As the one person with the final syllable for the ultimate secret word was murdered, they substituted "mor-bon-zi" for this word, and only very few people know the actual secret word. This secret word is used only for ceremonies: "tu-bal-cain" is the more common secret password, on the tip of every Freemason tongue.

4. The initiation rituals- though described by Masons as beautiful ceremonies – include a noose. It's hard to tell whether this is meant as a threat, a call to maintain silence, or simply as the symbol of an umbilical cord (as they claim), but in any case: the initiate is blindfolded, with his left trouser leg rolled up to the knee and his shirt partially unbuttoned to expose his left nipple, and a noose is placed around his neck. The new member must promise to uphold Masonic traditions and not divulge any of the society's secrets. Traditionally, this promise was accompanied by various bloodthirsty punishments (such as having your tongue torn out and being buried alive below the high water mark), however, in deference to modern sensibilities these lines have now been largely excised or euphemistically referred to as the "traditional penalties."
5. Freemasons believe that the east symbolizes rebirth. They sing the sun in its flight – marvelling at its passage through the sky. Masonic lodges tend to be built in the east and in the west, as an attempt to control solar power for their own purposes.

6. It's impossible to become a Freemason if you're an atheist. The first requirement is that potential members must believe in a higher power of some sort. They claim not to care what higher power that is, but you must define it for yourself. You can lie about it, but religion seems to be a point of honor among them. On the other hand, traditionally excluded groups – such as gay men – are included in Masonry, so long as they behave in the same moral manner as other groups. The temple still excludes women, but some groups are currently challenging that fact.
7. The official corruption of Masonry is well-documented, but often covered up. Half a million Masons in England are disproportionately involved in banking, politics, and government. Even hospitals and universities are often controlled by the Masons
8. If you've ever looked closely at the US dollar bill, you've probably seen the All-Seeing Eye above the pyramid. This symbol is a Freemason symbol, and the Latin underneath is a Freemason motto, meaning "new world order". Many say that the decision to include this masonic symbol was not influenced by Freemasons – Benjamin Franklin being the only Mason on the design committee – but the coincidence remains fascinating all the same.

9. Breivik – responsible for the 2011 mass murder in Norway – was a member of the Lodge of St. Olaf in Oslo. He was promptly excluded – but his degree of involvement within the organization is open for debate.
That a Mason did this DOES NOT reflect on Masons as a group. Timothy McVeigh was raised Catholic and before his execution accepted the Catholic sacrament.
10. Some say that Masons have an agenda to take over the world – but some Masons seem to have their sights set on the moon. Astronauts in the Apollo program – including Buzz Aldrin – were self-professed Masons. Their rite flags have been to the moon and back, and Aldrin seems to have claimed the moon for his Masonic lodge in Texas.

Have you ever noticed that anything the Vatican didn't like, have become vilified in popular culture or eliminated entirely?

An example: Illuminati...it was a secret organization but it was founded on the principles of doing good and promoting the values of education. Vatican feared it, so it was vilified and disbanded. Not much of a possibility of world domination, since there hasn't been an official member of the Illuminati living for centuries.

Freemasons: Vatican feared it so it's vilified although it has managed to survive. And for the record, if the Masons have been plotting world domination, at what point should it occur, since the Masonic order has been around for centuries...

Templars and Teutonic Knights: Vatican both feared them and coveted their wealth and influence. This led to the Vatican engineering their demise one way or another.

So then, what's the difference between the Masons and the International Order of Odd-fellows, or the Elks Lodge, the Boy Scouts or any college fraternity?

Not much, really...except the Vatican hasn't condemned them.

GrauGeist said:
So then, what's the difference between the Masons and the International Order of Odd-fellows, or the Elks Lodge, the Boy Scouts or any college fraternity?

Not much, really...except the Vatican hasn't condemned them.

Well they won't condemn the Boy Scouts because they are a supply of prey for the Preachers...

Que drum sound...

I kid, I kid...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back