KP Polikarpov PO-2 (U2) 1:72 in Yugoslav markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

djos

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
HI to all

KP PO2 is well known and quite old model , with all his drawbacks ….but I like it as it capture shape of this important aircraft quite well. Of course it requires lot of cleaning and sanding…but final look is for me OK.

This model is made in hurry as I must met target date so it can be finished as gift to my old friend who was pilot and one of his plane in training phase was also this Polikarpov. So final look did not get to all required standards….but I am happy in general (if I forgot on wrong angle of wires at wing tips….)
Model represents Polikarpov PO-2 in Yugoslav colors and markings from 1960.

I hope you like it. All comments (including critics) are welcome
Best regards
PS sorry for my English…still not good…

KP-Po2-1.jpg
KP-Po2-2.jpg
KP-Po2-3.jpg
KP-Po2-4.jpg
KP-Po2-5.jpg
KP-Po2-6.jpg
KP-Po2-7.jpg
KP-Po2-8.jpg

Very nice mate!

Got the same kit in trashed condition from a mate, which I intend to 'restore' some time.

Thank you all for nice words!

@A4K hope those scans will help, if you need better pictures i will resend again new scans, i tried to keep them as small as possible :)
Wish you luck with your restoration it will be much bigger challenge than i had.

Best regards

camouflage.jpg
pats-layout.jpg
Step-1-2-4-4a.jpg
Step3.jpg

Can't see much wrong with that - maybe just some touch ups needed to even out the line between tires an hubs - always tough, especially for 1/72. Great looking model though. Nice job!

I love this model :) She turned out AMAZING :) Excellent job and hope to see many more Yugo Birds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back