Kudos To MPM Models

Discussion in 'Model Kit Reviews' started by mandoman, Aug 27, 2011.

1. mandoman

mandoman Member

Bum
    Guys, I just had to give MPM a super thumbs up for their service. I am building the 1/48 scale He-177 by MPM. When I opened the box, nearly all of the clear pieces had fallen off of their spru. That in itself was no biggy, but I noticed that the front nose canopy had a small crack. I decided to work with it, but the crack only got worse as I tried to mask it. I decided to e-mail MPM to see if I could get a replacement, offering to pay the shipping. I'm not sure what I expected, but was very pleased to receive a reply the next day. The guy who replied said that my situation was, unfortunately, a common problem, and he would send a replacement, at no charge. Wow! That was a great response, and I'm hooked on MPM for that alone. I kind of wondered whether the thing would make it to me in one piece, as it had to come from the Czech Republic. When it came, in just a couple of weeks, not only was it packaged extremely well, making sure that nothing was crushed, but he had sent me a whole spru replacement. All of the clear pieces. I was floored. I don't know what others have experienced, but it was sure a pleasure to be treated that well, especially when they had to deal with someone on the other side of the planet. HUGE KUDOs to MPM. :thumbup: :headbang:

2. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Miracle happens.... sometimes. Glad you got the glassy problem sorted out. And kudos to MPM for the attitude towards customers. :thumbright:

3. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Good to hear.

4. Crimea_River

Crimea_River Well-Known Member

It's nice to see some companies still care enough to respond in such a fashion. Some, unfortunately, are on the opposite end of the scale.

5. vikingBerserker

vikingBerserker Well-Known Member

Korporate Kontrolleur
  6. Aaron Brooks Wolters

Aaron Brooks Wolters Well-Known Member

Auto Restoration
    Glad to hear the good news Mandoman and yes it is nice to see there are companies out there that still care.:thumbright:

7. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

Excellent news, glad they stand by there products and back it up with good service when an issue arises...

8. mandoman

mandoman Member

Bum
    Sorry, I guess I posted in the wrong place again. I'll figure these things out someday.......really, I will. :oops: :doubt: :toothy3:

9. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
    Good to see! Hasegawa was the same way, they sent me a new wing free of charge.

10. A4K

A4K Well-Known Member

That is great to hear guys! Shame so many companies have the opposite attitude - some make you feel like you're trespassing on their time.

11. mandoman

mandoman Member

Bum
    Has anyone on this forum built the MPM He-177 before? If so, did you have trouble fitting the front cockpit section into the main body, getting the two body halves to fit together correctly, and then find that the top front canopy piece wasn't wide enough to fit correctly? I just went through all of that. Now the cockpit section looks tilted, and I'm having to do some fairly risky bending to get the top front canopy in place. I'm about ready to take the whole thing apart, and start again. I still can't figure out why the two halves didn't come together correctly, and I'm guessing that is behind the lop-sided cockpit fit, and the narrow top canopy. I notice it before I tried gluing the two sections together, but didn't have any idea it would cause the cockpit to be lopsided, much less be too wide for the canopy. Problems, problems. :)