Kudos To MPM Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mandoman

Airman 1st Class
Jan 29, 2006
corn contry USA
Guys, I just had to give MPM a super thumbs up for their service. I am building the 1/48 scale He-177 by MPM. When I opened the box, nearly all of the clear pieces had fallen off of their spru. That in itself was no biggy, but I noticed that the front nose canopy had a small crack. I decided to work with it, but the crack only got worse as I tried to mask it. I decided to e-mail MPM to see if I could get a replacement, offering to pay the shipping. I'm not sure what I expected, but was very pleased to receive a reply the next day. The guy who replied said that my situation was, unfortunately, a common problem, and he would send a replacement, at no charge. Wow! That was a great response, and I'm hooked on MPM for that alone. I kind of wondered whether the thing would make it to me in one piece, as it had to come from the Czech Republic. When it came, in just a couple of weeks, not only was it packaged extremely well, making sure that nothing was crushed, but he had sent me a whole spru replacement. All of the clear pieces. I was floored. I don't know what others have experienced, but it was sure a pleasure to be treated that well, especially when they had to deal with someone on the other side of the planet. HUGE KUDOs to MPM. :thumbup: :headbang:

Miracle happens.... sometimes. Glad you got the glassy problem sorted out. And kudos to MPM for the attitude towards customers. :thumbright:

It's nice to see some companies still care enough to respond in such a fashion. Some, unfortunately, are on the opposite end of the scale.

Sorry, I guess I posted in the wrong place again. I'll figure these things out someday.......really, I will. :oops: :doubt: :toothy3:

Has anyone on this forum built the MPM He-177 before? If so, did you have trouble fitting the front cockpit section into the main body, getting the two body halves to fit together correctly, and then find that the top front canopy piece wasn't wide enough to fit correctly? I just went through all of that. Now the cockpit section looks tilted, and I'm having to do some fairly risky bending to get the top front canopy in place. I'm about ready to take the whole thing apart, and start again. I still can't figure out why the two halves didn't come together correctly, and I'm guessing that is behind the lop-sided cockpit fit, and the narrow top canopy. I notice it before I tried gluing the two sections together, but didn't have any idea it would cause the cockpit to be lopsided, much less be too wide for the canopy. Problems, problems. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back