La Galería de SANCER

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A very nice model Luis-Carlos. You should be proud. However, it looks like something heavy landed on the starboard horizontal stabilizer in the first pic of post 153

Son muy amables Kevin y Terry, muchas gracias por sus palabras. :headbang:

A very nice model Luis-Carlos. You should be proud. However, it looks like something heavy landed on the starboard horizontal stabilizer in the first pic of post 153

Andy, I am very grateful for such observations; There are times when being concentrated in a specific area, you lose detail of other things around. It is where I value the interest and support of so many eyes that can see what one could go unnoticed.

When manipulating the airplane, surely I hurt that horizontal stabilizer. I will correct and correct it in its place. :salute:

Again thank you very much and I will always be open to all this kind of observations that only seek to help each other.

Saludos a todos!! :thumbup:

Learning from the best and doing the task well. :wav:
Everything seems to indicate that there is progress as a beautiful collection accumulates.
I'm not alone in this.
Thank you for your words Jan and Karl.

Saludos cordiales mis amigos. :thumbup:

My dear friends, Igor and Robert, is flattering and very gratifying your kind words.
They are inspiration to continue learning and enjoy this that I love.
I hope to add the next one to my Galería soon.

Saludos cordiales desde México :thumbup:

Hello again
... the process of my tenth airplane has been long, so I had not looked at this subforum, and what is my surprise !, ... I was also affected by the occurrence of Photobucket #-o... and the photographs of my first six models were lost !! ](*,)
(I changed the way to upload the photos in time and from the beginning of my Nakajima everything is normal) :-\"

I'll see how to recover these lost photos, ... I'll gradually do the task of updating them in their place)

Greetings and thanks for your visits and comments to my gallery.

Luis Carlos :thumbup:
SANCER

After a little more than 14 months since I started this my tenth model, I share a very slight advance, because, I still have to prepare the photographic set.
:director2:

It has been a very enriching experience, learning a lot from this bomber and the version I decided to do.

It would not be anything like what they will see, without the always appropriate contribution of so many colleagues and friends of this forum, with their great experience, images and knowledge in modeling, military aviation and the great B-24.

1/48 Revell: Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR

B-24D-The-Squaw F3.jpg

836.4.jpg

I return as soon as possible and as always I hope you enjoy it and I appreciate your comments.

Hasta pronto!

Luis Carlos :thumbup:
SANCER

Regards,

Last edited:
It looks the Biz Luis - great work my friend.

Thanks Terry, you can consider one of the many sponsors. Finally we finished with The Squaw, thanks for all the support and soon you will give me your opinion of the photos that follow.
A big hug my friend. :salute:

Thanks Wojtek and Robert, undisputed godfathers of "The Squaw" :salute::salute:
UN POCO DE HISORIA.- :idea: :read2:

The B-24 Liberator was the greatest bomber used by the USAAF during WWII until end 1943. Although it was often overshadowed by the B-17, the B-24 bomber took part in more actions and was operational on more fronts than any other American Bomber It was also able to carry a much larger bomb load. It made its maiden flight in Dicember 1939. The aircraft owed its long range to the inspired design of the wing. In addition the versatile B-24 was used as a long-range reconnaissance platform and as a transport. While the initial versions were assigned for use in the Mediterranean and Great Britain, the great demand also arose for long-range bombers in the South Pacific, when the B-24 became the main tool of Allied operatiums in the recapture of the islands. In 1943 the Liberator had completely replaced by the B-17 in the South Pacific. The B-24D was the first mass-produced version of the Liberator. It had a glazed nose section equipped with four .50 caliber machine guns. The total of 2738 of the B-24D were produced. Without doubt the best known mission of the B-24D bombers was the strike against the Ploesti oil refineries in Romania.

With reference to the version that I introduce ... :-k

1a.jpg
B.1.jpg

Liberator nicknamed "The Squaw" was one of the survivors of the Ploesti raid.
Shortly after that it was retired from service and sent to USA in order to request war loans. For this purpose, in adition to the land map with its missions shown on it, it was given special markings at the places where it had been hit while in action.

B-24D-The-Squaw-Fort-Worth.jpg

I share some images of our B-24D "The Squaw" ... :bounncy:

837.jpg
838.jpg
839.jpg
840.jpg
841.jpg
842.jpg
843.jpg

Let me prepare other photos and share them.

Thanks for your comments. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back