Lancaster Carburettor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was wearing a pair of flip flops shorts, and a short sleeve shirt.....

Unfortunatly, the drawback to this awesome weather is 2 fold....

Fist of all, the summers here are humid beyond all comprehension.....

The second is the damn Confederate Flag waving, truck driving, tobacco dippin rednecks.....

I can vouch for that humidity. I was stationed at Keesler for almost a year. I walked out of our air-conditioned barracks one morning in August for chow and was hit with this wall of godawful heat and humidity. It literally took the breath right out of me! I thought I was going to melt!

That's what we are getting right now in California, CC. It's been raining for about 2 weeks straight here, which is real unusual here. Another storm on final for this afternoon with another in the pattern. I am starting to wonder if I'm not back in England!

that depends where you are. California needs the rain as they have been behind for years. The Sierra's my old stomping fgrounds are getting du ped with snow. I-5 towards my area in Oregon is closed from dunsmuir northward through the mountains.

We are having brown-outs due to falling snow and limbs here in southern Oregon. My honey and I are about ready to take the 1` mile walk to the store. Traffic is about zilch, everything white with about 3-4 inches which is not much but we live in the hills here in our little village..........I luv it !

Whlist it's white and pristine though - by the time it's grey slush, and has got into your shoes, it looses an awful lot of it's appeal.

Here's proof of rain...

Clouds...

Re-uploaded in a handy 1024x767 format...

Attachments

• nuvemssmall.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 567
Yes, Erich, we need the rain. The problem is when we get this much at one time, it doesn't really do much good and most of the water just runs back into the ocean. But where it snows its going to help tremendously! I am down in Ventura County, but my in-laws have a home in Mammoth and they have been getting a ton of snow up there.

evang

tell your folks to dig out, hopeful a snow shovel is handy ? but not too much as it is a good way for a heartattack. heard that Mammoth was getting upwards 9 feet of new in 10 days

the lancaster kicks ass said:
dude that's a good day over here.............
HI Hunny!!! Hey Lancs... did you know that it rains more in Plymouth than it does in Manchester ( fact).
Mind you Manchester is lovely rain or sun.
I love the sun.
Erich why are you posts so wide on my computer...... can anyone tell me???
By the way 'Hello' everyone..... Happy Tuesday!! I'm just in a really good mood ... thought I would share. x to Les...coz he is a grumpy old bugger and needs a little extra than everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread