Least Purty Aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found a colour photos of it and another one that shows it almost head on, I can't believe anybody took it seriously let alone order it into production.

stipa4.jpg

stipa-caproni-a.jpg

I dunno, I forget what it was all about. I think somebody posted a link about it in one of the older ugly aircraft threads, I'll try to find it.

That colour pic above, is a replica built in Australia by a very well known warbird operater. The thing that puzzles me is when you have a hanger with a/c such as a Mustang, T-28, T-6,Fiat G59 and a stearman, why would you want to mess up your hanger space with that thing??

belive or not, the put around 200,000 british pound to the project, is the concept of the ducted fan engine, and some said that this was used to produce the pulse jet engines, the ones used by the vi flying bombs

The Stipa is definately the ugliest I've seen. It looks like some kid took a toilet paper roll and glued some wings and a cockpit to it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back