Guess I'm lucky (ish) in having a 'traditional' LHS only half a mile away, even if it is a bit limited. Iris, the owner, will try to get things, if her suppliers can 'supply', and prices can sometimes be better than on-line outlets. Example - just got a kit ordered via my LHS, took three days (including the shop being closed Wednesday) and cost less than the discounted price from some net sources, taking into account no shipping.
Model Zone - I'll look at their special offers, limited though they are, and can sometimes get some real bargains (eg. 1/32nd sc ale Hunter at £10, instead of £25, a couple of years back), but that's all I'll do. Not a regular source of kits, and not run by those 'in the know' - rather go to on-line suppliers if my LHS can't get what i want.
Bottom line - try your LHS first! Use 'em or lose 'em !!