Show us Your LHS !

:thumbright:
 
Capt. Vick you ever visit Willis Hobbies in Mineola? That's where I used to go when I lived in Queens and later when I lived down the block in Roslyn Heights.

View attachment 295474

Will have to snap a picture of my new local spot in Rock Hill next time I pick up some paint.

I have Sir, many times. They have a selection of the usual generic kits. Mostly a train and R/C shop. The whole upstairs is R/C everything. I think they can also host kids parties in the basement with an R/C race track. Good place for sheet styrene, brass and aluminum materials.
 
This is my LHS, Situated in the center of Antwerp, almost right next to the cathedral.
I still have a soft spot for this shop and it's owner. It a family buisiness since the mid 70's.
They have a huge selection of scale trains, cars both models and die cast and RC + a large selection of kits, paints, airbrush systems etc...
They are the only ones I know that have both Gunze, Tamiya, Humbrol, Revell and Model Master paints.
I got offered my first job there and worked at the plastic model department for a year.
It's a well known shop with visitors from all over the world...
10170935_665608863504489_2388971947192391198_n.jpg

herman_verschooten_antwerpen.preview.JPG
 
:thumbright:
 
:thumbright:
 
:thumbright:
 
I'm resurrecting this one as Jim reminded me of it in the recent purchases thread. We're down to two shops in town now. The one at the bottom of post #44 closed its doors a couple of years ago. I never did post a picture of the other one called Model Land.
 
Similar thing here too. The shop I illustrated closed down late last year.
Not many years ago, there was this shop, plus two other stores that also stocked model kits, paints etc, and now they're all gone. I have to get everything on-line these days.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back