Lockheed C-63

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

otftch

Staff Sergeant
Dec 8, 2006
Franklinton,NC
This is a Lockheed C-63, an impressed version of the model 14 Lodestar. The kit is a conversion of the 1/72 Airfix Hudson with nose glazing and turret removed. I added new engines and props and modified the windsceeen. As usual after doing this and the Japanese Thelma I found out Special Hobby makes a kit.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC01888.jpg
    DSC01888.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC01892.jpg
    DSC01892.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01895.jpg
    DSC01895.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC01897.jpg
    DSC01897.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC01898.jpg
    DSC01898.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC01899.jpg
    DSC01899.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 143
Nice. There's a small hangar here at Orlando-Sanford IAP where a couple of guys are restoring a Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon as a gate guard static display. Last time I was there it was dismantled and there was a loooong way to go. Naturally, they are volunteers and the project is funded by donations. Your model reminds me to go over and see how they're doing. I might donate the paint. Again, nice looking airplane.

Real Nice work on an uncommon subject. This is the type of stuff I love. Check out a book called "Alae Supra Canalem: Wings Over the Canal" The Sixth Air Force and the Antilles Air Command. It's about the pretty much unknown war years in the Carribean. Ever heard of a Hamiltom UC-89? How about a JUNKERS C-79? Some rather unusual interpretations of camo specs down there too.

Real Nice work on an uncommon subject. This is the type of stuff I love. Check out a book called "Alae Supra Canalem: Wings Over the Canal" The Sixth Air Force and the Antilles Air Command. It's about the pretty much unknown war years in the Carribean. Ever heard of a Hamiltom UC-89? How about a JUNKERS C-79? Some rather unusual interpretations of camo specs down there too.

Do you have any photos. That's the stuff I love to do.
Ed
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Do you have any photos. That's the stuff I love to do.
Ed
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Check out my post in the Aviation area. Posted first 2 sets of A/C under the heading "unusual aircraft of the USAAC. I'll be posting new info time permitting.

On the Workbench (ALL 1/48th):
Howard UC-70 (DGA-15) – Scratchbuild
Czech Models XP-77
Pegaso Ercoupe with JATO
Grumman P-65D 'what-if' starting with AMT F7F changing to 2 Merlins, bubble canopy and making it a taildragger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back