Looking for Prop of a WW2 Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lou

Recruit
Jun 24, 2010
I own a Barbershop in Payson Utah. We have a great selection of Aircraft pictures and drawings. We want to get a nose and prop of a WW2 plane to mount on the front of our shop. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome from England. I like the idea, but it might be a lot easier, and much, much cheaper, to use a glass-fibre replica nose and prop, like the types used on some full-size museum exhibit replicas. Here's a pic of a full-size Spitfire MkIX replica, to give an idea of how good they are. The real thing, even a small part or prop, if able to find something, could cost a small fortune.

Attachments

• Czech 110.jpg
    Czech 110.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 125
try barnstormers.com or ebay. there always on these. if you stay way from the warbirds and get some thing of a dc3 or something non air worthy you should ok. these things are heavy! i have a 34e60 ham standard hydomatic . its a 15 foot dia .prop. it probably weight in excess of 1000lbs. there is some really nice wood stuff out there, they are better suited for display

Users who are viewing this thread

Back